“One of the few affordable places in Austin”
Review of Motel 6 Cedar Park

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Cedar Park
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cedar Park
Toledo
“One of the few affordable places in Austin”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

For whatever reason, Austin costs more than the average city in the way of hotels. This place puts you within reasonable driving distance of Austin, Lake Travis, highways, and a variety of local needs (food, shopping, Walmart, etc). The price is very reasonable.

The place looks fairly new or renovated compared to your typical Motel 6. The actual campus layout of haphazard, almost like the property was going to feature multiple tenants. The direct entrance into their front parking lot is gated off for no apparent reason. You'll need to enter through the back and wind your way around to the main entrance. Parking can get a little short at night.

The Tripadvisor pictures are accurate and represent how the place really looks. I found the Smurf blue wall to be particularly comical. The rooms don't have a lot of extras, so if you're looking for Hilton-ish features (2000 sq ft, 3 ironing boards, an assortment of anti-theft hangers in the closet, etc) your best bet is to pick someplace else. The rooms are small, but functional, and provide a bed, bathroom, and nothing else. Perfect if you are passing through and need a place to crash. There's a breakfast but I did not partake. The room has a wall-mounted flat screen, and unlike most $200/night hotels, this TV - get ready for it - actually works, and has a decent number of channels.

The room has an dedicated heat/AC unit as you'd expect. The good news I that it runs the fan even after the AC has shut off. I like this white noise to help me sleep through people making noise and slamming doors.

The 3rd floor appears to be smoking. I ended up with a smoking room because there were no non-smoking rooms available.

There is a small table to set up a laptop and some personal items. It has two available power outlets. Most major name brand hotels require an all-hands-on-deck witch-hunt for available power outlets. There's also two more outlets by the bed - EASILY accessible for a phone charger. There is no alarm clock in the room.

The staff was very friendly. Checkin/out was very fast.

The rooms do have 5-6 hangers and what amounts to a small coatrack on the wall for you to hang up a few items.

The area is a good area. No firearms required. The property is well lit. Holiday Inn Express is 1/4 mile away, and they don't typically have a presence in the ghetto.

There is a phone in the room.

The rooms are new, which means the plumbing consists entirely of that new EPA WaterSense crap - so plan on low water pressure, and hand washing taking 10 times what you are accustomed to.

My room was very clean, everything was neat and in order, towels were well stocked.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is smoking rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
SD
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The best Motel 6 I have stayed at. I really like the new look Motel 6 is going for. It was very clean and welcoming with wonderful surroundings. Next time I'm in town to visit my family, I will definitely stay there again!

Doniphan, Missouri
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were in town for a family reunion. There must have been something going on in the area because the hotels were so expensive. Then I found this location. It was very reasonable where the other hotels were charging ridiculous rates. We had a comfortable stay. I would suggest it.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

They messed up my reservation. I ended up switching hotels. Rude!!!! They wouldn't rebook the room over the phone- said I'd have to rebook online. What a waste of time!!!! Customer service was awful!!! I'd sleep in my car before I stayed there!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Lynnleander
General_Manager_M6, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
We have researched your reservation, and we apologize for any inconvience you encountered. Typically when a guest does not show up for their reservation and does not call to cancel or change the arrival date, it is Motel 6 Policy to charge for the first night and cancel the remaining days on the reservation. This is to prevent a charge for mutliple days unnecessarily. Additionally, we are more than happy to reserve a room for any of our guests unless they request the Internet Discount. In which case, we encourage our guests to book online. Again, we are sorry for the reservation mix-up and confusion.
Management
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I will make my review based on my overall experience. To start, the front desk member (Josh) who checked us in was VERY rude. His smartbutt attitude needs some re-adjusting! The room was designed to be very "modern" but they were so boring. No decor and the beds were the absolute worst thing I've EVER slept on. They are oversized twin mattresses. It felt like I was sleeping on a rock. The housekeeping team never cleaned our rooms. My room smelt like cigarettes. No breakfast. I could hear everything in the hallways and even the TV playing across the hall.

The pro's- the windows opened. It was nice to let some fresh air in, to help get rid of the cigarette smell. Seemed like a safe neighborhood. Good parking.

All in all, I would never consider staying here again.

1 Thank Brandon B
San Salvador
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We spent two nights at the new Motel Six in Cedar Park and enjoyed our stay. It has been years since we stayed at a Motel Six, and I get the impression that this is their new design direction. The room was bright and airy with high ceiling and a kind of spare European feel. The beds are mattresses mounted on platforms, so there is are box springs, yet they were very comfortable. The flooring is simulated woodgrain vinyl. A small table extends from one wall beneath the flatscreen television module and there are two formed plywood Scandinavian chairs. Two stainless steel pegs extend from the wall with eight stainless steel hangars, so there was ample space to hang a few garments. Very basic furnishings and accomodations.

The bathroom is of normal size with a module for a light and to hold the rolled bath towels. Free internet signal is very strong and free coffee is available in the lobby in the mornings.

Very low, competitive rates for this area of Austin.

A few points off for:

• Door handle on the bathroom door was coming off in my hand. Tied a string to the doorknob to be able to pull the door closed.

• Floppy showerhead forces you to shower close to the wall to get the stream of water to fall on you.

• Low water pressure at the showerhead (probably a low-flow shower head for saving water).

• Sagging shower curtain rod, so the shower curtain migrated towards the center, allowing water to splash onto the floor outside the shower.

In general, well done, Motel Six. We would stay here again.

1 Thank Brian J
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed at Motel 6 on FM1431 in Cedar Park, TX for two nights while helping my son and family move. As a place to sleep only, is was acceptable. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The room was spartan, but did have a/c and a flatscreen tv. There was a full bath (tub/shower combination). The room was clean.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor, first room past entrace to hall. There was some noise, probably fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo