Motel 6 Cedar Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsin townbare bonesburner stove topwould stay here againpet friendlinessrestaurant next doorone night stayfirst floorla quintafridgesmokingshampoobrandoncrateconditionerdogsmaintenance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The General Manager is horrible. He puts his own thoughts before the customer. He is loud, rude and arrogant with a short temper. Beds are hard as rocks. You can hear the conversation in the next room. The location is good. The room are pretty clean. But the worst is the GM. Owner- get a new GM. The other desk individuals are ok. Just don't ask for an extra pillow without being treated like a criminal.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Melaniepurple
General_Manager_M6, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Guest,
We apologize if your experience with our Assistant General Manager was less than satisfactory. At Motel 6 - Cedar Park, we view customer service as extremely important, and we strive for all our guests to have a superior customer service experience. We hope that you will give Motel 6 - Cedar Park another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs.
Neena Gohil

Reviewed 29 June 2013

For whatever reason, Austin costs more than the average city in the way of hotels. This place puts you within reasonable driving distance of Austin, Lake Travis, highways, and a variety of local needs (food, shopping, Walmart, etc). The price is very reasonable.

The place looks fairly new or renovated compared to your typical Motel 6. The actual campus layout of haphazard, almost like the property was going to feature multiple tenants. The direct entrance into their front parking lot is gated off for no apparent reason. You'll need to enter through the back and wind your way around to the main entrance. Parking can get a little short at night.

The Tripadvisor pictures are accurate and represent how the place really looks. I found the Smurf blue wall to be particularly comical. The rooms don't have a lot of extras, so if you're looking for Hilton-ish features (2000 sq ft, 3 ironing boards, an assortment of anti-theft hangers in the closet, etc) your best bet is to pick someplace else. The rooms are small, but functional, and provide a bed, bathroom, and nothing else. Perfect if you are passing through and need a place to crash. There's a breakfast but I did not partake. The room has a wall-mounted flat screen, and unlike most $200/night hotels, this TV - get ready for it - actually works, and has a decent number of channels.

The room has an dedicated heat/AC unit as you'd expect. The good news I that it runs the fan even after the AC has shut off. I like this white noise to help me sleep through people making noise and slamming doors.

The 3rd floor appears to be smoking. I ended up with a smoking room because there were no non-smoking rooms available.

There is a small table to set up a laptop and some personal items. It has two available power outlets. Most major name brand hotels require an all-hands-on-deck witch-hunt for available power outlets. There's also two more outlets by the bed - EASILY accessible for a phone charger. There is no alarm clock in the room.

The staff was very friendly. Checkin/out was very fast.

The rooms do have 5-6 hangers and what amounts to a small coatrack on the wall for you to hang up a few items.

The area is a good area. No firearms required. The property is well lit. Holiday Inn Express is 1/4 mile away, and they don't typically have a presence in the ghetto.

There is a phone in the room.

The rooms are new, which means the plumbing consists entirely of that new EPA WaterSense crap - so plan on low water pressure, and hand washing taking 10 times what you are accustomed to.

My room was very clean, everything was neat and in order, towels were well stocked.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The best Motel 6 I have stayed at. I really like the new look Motel 6 is going for. It was very clean and welcoming with wonderful surroundings. Next time I'm in town to visit my family, I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were in town for a family reunion. There must have been something going on in the area because the hotels were so expensive. Then I found this location. It was very reasonable where the other hotels were charging ridiculous rates. We had a comfortable stay. I would suggest it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

They messed up my reservation. I ended up switching hotels. Rude!!!! They wouldn't rebook the room over the phone- said I'd have to rebook online. What a waste of time!!!! Customer service was awful!!! I'd sleep in my car before I stayed there!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Lynnleander
General_Manager_M6, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

We have researched your reservation, and we apologize for any inconvience you encountered. Typically when a guest does not show up for their reservation and does not call to cancel or change the arrival date, it is Motel 6 Policy to charge for the first night and cancel the remaining days on the reservation. This is to prevent a charge for mutliple days unnecessarily. Additionally, we are more than happy to reserve a room for any of our guests unless they request the Internet Discount. In which case, we encourage our guests to book online. Again, we are sorry for the reservation mix-up and confusion.
Management