Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin)
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Cedar Park
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

For the area the hotel is in the price isn't that bad. Very comfy beds and a nice group of people work here. Nice bathrooms and room was very clean. Very good spot to find something good to eat. A lot of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013
AnisaB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin), responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel! So glad to hear you had a good night's rest in our comfy beds. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and service, and our team is always happy to hear that they deliver both consistently. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cedar Park!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here on business and this hotel had the basics such as a bed with firm or soft pillows, ironing board, shower, etc. The in-room coffee was not good at all, but they always had plenty downstairs in their breakfast buffet which was perfectly acceptable. The breakfast had a nice selection, and with heading to work I was able to grab a bagel and some peanut butter for a midday snack which was nice. They also had yogurt in the morning which was a nice treat.

The front desk was frequently abandoned for one reason or another. I had to come back two separate times- once to borrow scissors and once to get check out situated, because no one was there to assist met.

The room I had faced the gas station and there was a bright light shining into my room at night. I was able to use the shades and had no problem, but if you like to use the sun to wake up do not get a room on that side of the hotel.

There were two big reasons for my average rating: First, the cleaning of my room was not up to par. Sure, my bed was made and I had towels, but little things were not taken care of. For instance, I had used my ice bucket the first night and while it seemed to travel after a cleaning, I never received a clean bag so I had to use a dirty ice bag every night. Also, I had used the ironing board one morning and when I got back that evening it was right in the middle of the walk way instead of put up or pushed to the side where I left it.

The second big reason is the internet- which is supposedly free and wifi, was horrible. I could not get a connection and spent 30 minutes on the phone with someone who could not help me either! They said I would get a call back and never did. Later that evening (night 1) I was able to get on so I figured the problem was fixed. Night 2 I had internet. Night 3- no internet again! I did not have internet the rest of the trip which was really a bummer as I needed it for work and the tech people (a number you called for internet issues) were not able to get me the service they said they provided.

The location was fine, breakfast fine, & beds were comfortable. However, if you are looking to use internet or have a spotless room, I would try another hotel in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
AnisaB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin), responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay. We appreciate the feedback and will do our very best to address some of the issues you discussed. Unfortunately, we were having some internet issues during the week of your stay, but I can assure you that those are now corrected and our internet is once again fast and reliable. We do appreciate your comments - we strive to provide a perfect guest experience for all our guests, and I am sorry we fell short. Please do give us another try next time you are in Cedar Park - our team would love to have another chance to 'wow' you.
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was booked into this hotel for a week long training class nearby and was very impressed with the size of my room (Jr. King suite, I think). Huge bed, seating area, kitchenette with microwave, fridge, coffee maker and sink. It seemed pretty spotless, too. And though it was next to the elevator, noise was only an issue from folks in the hall. Free wi-fi and the desk agent gave me the codes without my even asking. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The only negatives I had were the height of the shower head, which hit me at my forehead. I'm only 5'9", which isn't giant proportions, so it seems odd to have such a low shower. When I swiveled it to spray out so I wouldn't have to perform acrobatics to wash my hair, the water hit me in the face. Also, the low flow toilet had to be flushed twice to clear it, regardless of what went in, which defeats the purpose of the water-saving toilet. The breakfast was decent, but I do have to wonder why hotels can't seem to figure out how to brew decent coffee??? The stuff in the room produced a horrible brew, and the stuff at the breakfast bar was only marginally better, so I hit a local coffee shop on my way to class for my caffeine fix. One last negative was that they started to paint the floor I was on Wednesday, with no warning to guests. I woke up Thursday with a migraine. Could be related, maybe not, but you think they might have warned us in case someone had an allergy or some such. A positive, though, is that the management clearly watches the reviews and responds to them. All in all, I liked the hotel and if they can give me a room with a higher showerhead, I will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
AnisaB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin), responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for the helpful feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us - namely, the friendliness of our staff, the comfortable bed (very important!), and the cleanliness of our rooms. I apologize for the lack of notice regarding the painting on your floor during your stay. We do try to perform regular upgrades to keep us looking fresh, but admittedly, we could have done a better job of informing our guests. We appreciate that type of feedback, and will work hard to make sure we don't make the same mistake twice. And I will see what we can do about those showerheads.... Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay, and we look forward to having you back on your next visit to Cedar Park!
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My sister and I booked a room at this hotel adjoining my brother and his wife. We were in Austin for a wedding that took place on Saturday, July 6. We stayed at the hotel for six nights. After running like crazy during the day, at wedding get togethers, shopping, visiting, etc., we were usually pretty worn out by the time we got back to the hotel, especially not being used to the Texas heat. We often would say to each other, "That bed is going to feel pretty great tonight, isn't it?" And it sure did! We loved the fact that we had a microwave and a refrigerator in our rooms, as well as an iron and a coffee maker. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfasts were hot and the food was plentiful. The hotel was very clean. The pool was wonderful, too. There is a workout room and a little room with a computer for the use of guests, which came in handy to print out my boarding pass. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We did not have to do a lot of walking to get to our rooms. Everything was very convenient.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
AnisaB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin), responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a rave review. Our goal is always to provide a clean, comfortable, friendly place to call home - mission: accomplished! Our staff appreciates your feedback, and fellow travellers value your straightforward comments. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Cedar Park, Texas!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

The reservation was for a family of five so I was a bit surprised that there were just three towels in the bathroom. They brought the towels promptly once asked. The first time the toilet was flushed it was apparent there was a problem so we called the front desk and ask for someone to come look at the toilet. They brought us a plunger! I didn't know a hotel guest was expected to perform maintenance. The woman at the front desk at arrival and departure was not friendly. Breakfast is pretty poor fair.

• Stayed June 2013
AnisaB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin), responded to this review, 3 July 2013
I am sorry your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Our abundant breakfast buffet of eggs, bacon, biscuits, made-to-order pancakes, cereals, breads, fruit, coffee, juices, and more is usually enough to please even the pickiest eater! Extra towels are no problem, and I'm glad we were able to deliver them to you quickly. We do strive to provide an excellent stay for all of our guests, and I apologize that we fell short.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stay at this hotel often because it is down the street from my brother. All of the employees are so nice and accommodating. We always need an adjoining handicapped room for my parents and they will hold one for us, which we have found a lot of hotels will not do. Special thanks to George at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
AnisaB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin), responded to this review, 14 June 2013
We are always happy to be able to meet your needs, and appreciate your staying with us when you are in Cedar Park visiting family. Our staff is the best is town - thank you for the recognition! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Midland
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel is located in a good location in Cedar Park, outside of Austin, Texas. The staff was very helpful with reservations and checking into the hotel. George was helpful arranging reservations for several members of our family. He was patient, friendly and very competent.
The hotel has a nice lobby and pool area. The breakfast is good and has fresh fruit. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The beds and linens are nice. It was easy to get on wireless. I would stay here again. Very nice!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Texas003
Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words - our staff works hard each and every day to provide an exceptional guest experience, and we are delighted when our team is able to exceed your expectations. Glad you had a good night's rest, enjoyed our bountiful hot breakfast, and were able to jump onto our fast and free wireless internet without a hitch! George and the rest of our team look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Cedar Park, Texas!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Park
Best Western Cedar Inn
Best Western Cedar Inn
#2 of 8 in Cedar Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton - Austin/Cedar Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin)? Share your experiences!