“Very nice hotel- need a little tweeking”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Channelview
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Channelview
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice hotel- need a little tweeking”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This was a very nice hotel and conveniently located right off of I-10 on the east side of Houston. The decor was simple, but nice. The room was spacious and the hotel upgraded us to a suite because they ran out of rooms. The staff was excellent- friendly and efficient. The room was clean, spacious and had a lot of nice amenities. There were two faults that I noticed- one is that in the morning, you could hear the traffic very clearly (it was like the window was open, even though it wasn't) and if you didn't get to the breakfast early, they ran out. I grabbed two breakfast sandwiches for my traveling party because some of them hadn't made it down stairs and the other people were ransacking the food like they weren't going to eat again for a week.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TaxLoio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We first stayed here about a couple of years ago and it seemed the hotel was
brand new then. We are very impressed with the maintenance of the property and the friendly, welcoming staff. The hotel is not located in an attractive area, but I'm sure it's in a strategic place for the owners or they would not have built it here. It is very convenient for us when visiting relatives about 3 miles away.

We stayed on a Saturday night in November and there were very few guests, so that worked to our favor as far as having a quiet stay. The rooms are very attractive and huge, clean, great bedding, and a very nice breakfast. You will not be disappointed.

The only suggestion I would have for management is to place a bell on the front desk ...so
guests can summon a clerk from the back area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side (not the parking lot side) are probably quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank findthefairway
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My stay at this hotel was great. Although the Fairfield Inn is Marriott's budget-minded chain, you won't find much "budget" about the attractive decor in this nearly-new hotel. The property is spotless and well maintained, like new really. Breakfast was uncrowded each day throughout my stay (sometimes I was the only one there). The parking lot is well-lit and secure. The room I had was the best part - huge and spacious, functional, and comfortable. Two HDTV sets with a few HD channels, plus mini fridge and microwave. A large bathroom with plenty of counterspace. The A/C kept the room nice and cool. I didn't use the outdoor pool, so I can't comment on that. My only complaint - the wireless internet was really slow, but not to the point of being unusable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ajnuff
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The hotel is new. The rooms are very big and comfortable, in one side there is the sofà with flat screen and a desk, on the other side ther is the bed with onother flat screen.
The breakfast is the typical one on the fairfield Inn. Very nice the Happy hour from 5-7pm on tuesday and wednday afternnoon offered by the hotel. I would not suggest the area, but if for any reason you need to stay in channelview I will suggest the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This hotel is really nice! All the staff are kind! Love the many choices of breakfast menu! My room was very clean! I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone! I would love to stay again in this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Our stay at the Fairfield Inn in Channelview was wonderful. The room was spacious, sparkling clean, and well equiped - (microwave, fridge, coffee pot, lots of lamps, great flat screen TV, good air conditioner) - the bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. The bath area was roomie - lots of counter space and plenty of towels.
Joel at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and went out of his way to make us feel welcome.
The breakfast area was better than any hotel I've stayed in - lots of choices in food and a wonderful, warmly smiling attendant that kept everything clean, stocked, and ready for us.
Would I stay there again? I would indeed!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
MPSanAntonio
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My husband and I and our two adult children along with two other friends stayed at this location while we enjoyed a weekend of racing. We went to Baytown for the NHRA dragraces on Friday and Sunday and to The Supercross in the Reliant Stadium on Saturday. This Fairfield was conveniently located for both venues. Not to mention it was a beautiful brand new hotel...The entire hotel is furnished with modern beautiful furnishings and decor. The breakfast each morning has a large variety of items in a wonderful breakfast area..there was a sweet staff member there to greet you and attend to any needs you might have. The rooms were HUGE!!! The bedding and beds were awesome, let me just say that it is a rare find to lay down on sheets that smell of perfumed fabric softner!n The bathroom was clean and stocked with the extra towels we had requested our room also the extra feather pillows on the beds we had asked for as well.The staff was extremely curteous and genuinely nice and professional. I would stay at this hotel again and again...I hope they can continue with the fine service and housekeeping they have now well into the future, if so travelers will always be please with this hotel!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Channelview
Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview
Hampton Inn Houston I-10 East
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Channelview / Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Channelview
Holiday Inn Express Suites Baytown
Hampton Inn Houston Deer Park Ship Area

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Channelview? Share your experiences!