“Don't stay here!!”

Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Channelview
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here on business for about a week. When I arrived, the lady at the front desk asked for my card for incidentals and accidentally charged my card 715 dollars. It took three days to reverse the charges. On Thursday of that week, I had my stay extended by one day. I was told that I would not need to provide a credit card to check back in. However, when I went to check in, Ish insisted I provide a credit card. He was very rude but promised not to charge my card again. He proceeded to charge my card $250. Later that day, I was awoken with two calls and pounding on my door. Maintenance needed to get in my room, so I was moved. Personnel understood that I slept during the day yet persisted on being rude.
Other complaints include-- no free coffee, no continental breakfast, terrible internet, and bad cable tv. This hotel is definitely not worth the price. Worse holiday inn I have ever stayed!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

mwoodward79,

We do apologize for the in convenience you experienced at the hotel. I would like guarantee you next time you are in area to reach out to myself and you will not have any problems,

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I was in Houston for two weeks and stayed in this hotel. The surrounding area is dirty, but the property itself is great! I found the desk staff great the whole trip. They had upgraded me to the jacuzzi suite (pics attached). There is a nice pool, work out room, and hot tub downstairs. Nice bar and okay food. I didn't not find the highway noise a problem because it's a constant white noise.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Gilbert0,

Thank you for the great review. I have shared you post with the staff .We all invite you back to our hotel .

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed at this property for three nights in January while my son was receiving some medical attention. Overall, the hotel is very good, although with some minor problems. The heat exchanger in the guestroom cycled on and off quite rapidly and disturbed our sleep the first night. We then just turned it off, and solved the problem. Guestroom service by housekeeping was very good and timely. The Front Desk attendants were attentive and responsive to our requests. Surprisingly, the restaurant was quite good, with ample portions of well-prepared and tasty food. The Chef knows how to cook a steak! Bar service was very well done. Did not use WiFi, Fitness Center or pool so can't comment. If in that area again, I would not hesitate to stay at this property. Good value for the cost.

Room Tip: Ask to be on non-highway side, as the hotel is very close to Interstate 10 with lots of truck traffi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

PDK2759,

First all the staff would like to thank you for your comment. We strive to make all of our guest happy.

I hope next time you are in our area you will stay at our hotel. We will make sure Chef will cook you a steak.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed for 3 night in this hotel. Location is along the highway, my room was facing the highway so you hear the traffic. Room was fine and clean, everything worked well, fast & free Wifi, complimentary tea & coffee in room available. Staff was helpful. Buffet & a la carte breakfast a little lackluster. Ample parking available. Overall clean & tidy hotel, would come again. Sound proofed windows would make a real difference in this location.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hi M Z,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We always welcome feed back and are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Houston East. We hope that you'll come back to see us the next time you're in town.

Regards,
Holiday Inn Houston East - General Manager

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here two nights [in November] for a venue that took place somewhere else.

The Bad:

When I phoned to make reservations the receptionist was so unprofessional I didn't want to give her my credit card number. Her giggling and inarticulate demeanor added to my sense of unease.

Even though there were over 70 authors who stayed at the hotel they elected to close the only on-site restaurant at 10 PM with many having no way to go anywhere else for food.

There was no maid service provided, only towels (this was unintentional; I asked). That's the first time I've ever had that experience in my life and I've traveled a lot.

We ate at the restaurant twice and both times waited over an hour for food. One guest that ate with us had the wrong thing served twice and though they got it right on the third time, they never offered to comp the meal- deplorable.

Room service was over an hour late.

The Good:

They comped the meal for room service tardiness.

The rooms were nice, though the position of the AC was directly over one of the beds, pouring cold air on the sleeper. Ugh.

The front desk guy was nice and seemed to feel genuinely bad about the overall chaos of the place.

Overall, I'd never use this particular hotel again and it left a bad taste for ever using Holiday Inn for future stays as there is clearly a quality control issue. So many issues across a multitude of different services... needs to be resolved.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Tamara B,

I would like to extended our sincere apologies .We have addreesed the issues with all our staff and would like to have you vist our hotel again.

Holiday Inn Houston East -General Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Do yourself a favor and if you live in Houston area, go eat lunch or dinner at Time Out. Chef Jerry in a word, AWESOME! Not only is his food absolutely delicious, he is a great guy and unbelievably accommodating. Not on the menu....Chicken Fried Ribeye with bacon jalapeño gravy, holy crap is this good! If your traveling to Houston, Chef Jerry is enough of a reason to stay here but, the rooms are great and employees are all friendly. Chef has daily specials from chili to seafood. Truly a one of a kind dude and an absolute 5 star food experience and in unlikely location. GO GO GO!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you ,Thank you and Thank you. We all agree with your comment,please continue to vist our restuarnt.

Holiday Inn Houston east -General Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Amazing food. Chief jerry is amazing. Food is outstanding. Can't get enough. Always has a great attitude and is always having a special of the night. I stayed here for a while (because of work) and I never got tired of his food.

• Stayed: November 2013

Sandman7102,

Thank you for your comment,Chef Jerry;s thanks you as well. When you come back to our area please do not hesitate to stop in our resturant.

Holiday Inn Houston East-General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Channelview
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Channelview
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Channelview
Motel 6 Baytown - Garth Rd
Motel 6 Baytown - Garth Rd
#20 of 27 in Baytown

Been to Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview? Share your experiences!