“Outstanding Sports Bar and Grill; Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Channelview
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Too many bad reviews for a "one time" bad experience. Chef Jerry does an outstanding job every time we come into town. It's not too often you have someone with Jerry's attitude come to your table and share a laugh or two with you and your company at hand. He does that and takes the time to whip up some appetizers before dinner. Always a surprise and ALWAYS great. Nothing bad to say about any of the food we have ever been served. It is outstanding. The staff in the bar are just as friendly and never have to be asked to come over and get us something else. Hotel staff are just as friendly and hospitable. This is our place when we have a scheduled meeting or training session. Oh and by the way, it's in on Highway 146, Baytown area. We chose to stay here because of the service and great Chef, food and staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Armando C,

Thank you for your comment! We all appreciate your kind words, cause of guest like you is why we do what we do! Chef Jerry gives a personal Thank you for your kind words!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I stayed there twice in the last few weeks and have nothing to complain about the staff and the restaurant.
The restaurant was very clean and the staff was A+++. Chef Jerry made us some great appetizers and the supper was very good, top notch. Made us feell right at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone planning to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Michael M,

Thank you for your response ,we are glad our team got a A+++. Come back when you are in our area.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Time Out Sports Bar & Grill - Chef Jerry is very friendly and makes sure to visit with you during your meal. The food is very good, 2nd year to have our Administrative Day luncheon there versus a local restaraunt. Only issue both times - we made reservations for a large group, but the table was not ready so we had to wait for them to set it up, not a good impression, needs improvement.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Kim M,

We do apologize for the experience you and your group had during your lunch at our restaurant. Our entire staff promise next time you are in the area you and your group will not have the same experience..

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here on business for about a week. When I arrived, the lady at the front desk asked for my card for incidentals and accidentally charged my card 715 dollars. It took three days to reverse the charges. On Thursday of that week, I had my stay extended by one day. I was told that I would not need to provide a credit card to check back in. However, when I went to check in, Ish insisted I provide a credit card. He was very rude but promised not to charge my card again. He proceeded to charge my card $250. Later that day, I was awoken with two calls and pounding on my door. Maintenance needed to get in my room, so I was moved. Personnel understood that I slept during the day yet persisted on being rude.
Other complaints include-- no free coffee, no continental breakfast, terrible internet, and bad cable tv. This hotel is definitely not worth the price. Worse holiday inn I have ever stayed!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

mwoodward79,

We do apologize for the in convenience you experienced at the hotel. I would like guarantee you next time you are in area to reach out to myself and you will not have any problems,

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I was in Houston for two weeks and stayed in this hotel. The surrounding area is dirty, but the property itself is great! I found the desk staff great the whole trip. They had upgraded me to the jacuzzi suite (pics attached). There is a nice pool, work out room, and hot tub downstairs. Nice bar and okay food. I didn't not find the highway noise a problem because it's a constant white noise.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Gilbert0,

Thank you for the great review. I have shared you post with the staff .We all invite you back to our hotel .

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed at this property for three nights in January while my son was receiving some medical attention. Overall, the hotel is very good, although with some minor problems. The heat exchanger in the guestroom cycled on and off quite rapidly and disturbed our sleep the first night. We then just turned it off, and solved the problem. Guestroom service by housekeeping was very good and timely. The Front Desk attendants were attentive and responsive to our requests. Surprisingly, the restaurant was quite good, with ample portions of well-prepared and tasty food. The Chef knows how to cook a steak! Bar service was very well done. Did not use WiFi, Fitness Center or pool so can't comment. If in that area again, I would not hesitate to stay at this property. Good value for the cost.

Room Tip: Ask to be on non-highway side, as the hotel is very close to Interstate 10 with lots of truck traffi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

PDK2759,

First all the staff would like to thank you for your comment. We strive to make all of our guest happy.

I hope next time you are in our area you will stay at our hotel. We will make sure Chef will cook you a steak.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed for 3 night in this hotel. Location is along the highway, my room was facing the highway so you hear the traffic. Room was fine and clean, everything worked well, fast & free Wifi, complimentary tea & coffee in room available. Staff was helpful. Buffet & a la carte breakfast a little lackluster. Ample parking available. Overall clean & tidy hotel, would come again. Sound proofed windows would make a real difference in this location.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hi M Z,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We always welcome feed back and are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Houston East. We hope that you'll come back to see us the next time you're in town.

Regards,
Holiday Inn Houston East - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Channelview
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Channelview
Texas Inn Channelview
Texas Inn Channelview
#4 of 14 in Channelview
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Baytown East

Been to Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview? Share your experiences!