“Great Staff, very accomodating”

Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Channelview
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Like all the Holiday Inns I have stayed at this one is of the same high quality. Holiday Inn is never a bad stay. The Sports Bar and Grill at this particular location went beyond the expectations of any hotel lounge/food service. I was travelling with a college who is a vegetarian and we asked Michelle, running the bar, for suggestions, she called on Chef Jerry who instead of sending us somewhere else asked us what we would like. The result was an excellent dinner made to order and unlike anything offered on the menu. Chef Jerry visited us twice and made sure we were well taken care of. Thank you Chef Jerry. Most Excellent!!! Michelle was one of the nicest bar tenders I have sat across from in a while, remembering us the next night and our drink preferences, great company while eating and enjoying a drink.
Thank you to all at the Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview.

Room Tip: I stayed on the freeway side and was worried for the noise but it was not a problem at all. I slept...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Luis S,

All the staff here at the Holiday Inn Houston East say Thank you. It is our pleasure to meet all of our guest expectation's. When ever you are in our area please stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed with my family we booked three rooms ,very comfortable bed and pillows very clean rooms staff is friendly and help full the swimming pool is awesome its salt water pool whish is good for your skin ,sauna ,Jacuzzi and fitness center is very impressive
my kids enjoyed a lot ,we order room service its was very nice selection of menu the restaurant have excellent steak and chef special we enjoy a lot
the bar tender is very help full for drinks
over all this hotel is nice and worth staying there its memorable for us
keep it up guys
sam & family

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Sam K & Family,

We all here at the Holiday Inn Houston East thank you for your comment. We all invite you make to help you all make more memories. So whenever you are in the area stop by.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Too many bad reviews for a "one time" bad experience. Chef Jerry does an outstanding job every time we come into town. It's not too often you have someone with Jerry's attitude come to your table and share a laugh or two with you and your company at hand. He does that and takes the time to whip up some appetizers before dinner. Always a surprise and ALWAYS great. Nothing bad to say about any of the food we have ever been served. It is outstanding. The staff in the bar are just as friendly and never have to be asked to come over and get us something else. Hotel staff are just as friendly and hospitable. This is our place when we have a scheduled meeting or training session. Oh and by the way, it's in on Highway 146, Baytown area. We chose to stay here because of the service and great Chef, food and staff.

Armando C,

Thank you for your comment! We all appreciate your kind words, cause of guest like you is why we do what we do! Chef Jerry gives a personal Thank you for your kind words!!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I stayed there twice in the last few weeks and have nothing to complain about the staff and the restaurant.
The restaurant was very clean and the staff was A+++. Chef Jerry made us some great appetizers and the supper was very good, top notch. Made us feell right at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone planning to stay.

Michael M,

Thank you for your response ,we are glad our team got a A+++. Come back when you are in our area.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Time Out Sports Bar & Grill - Chef Jerry is very friendly and makes sure to visit with you during your meal. The food is very good, 2nd year to have our Administrative Day luncheon there versus a local restaraunt. Only issue both times - we made reservations for a large group, but the table was not ready so we had to wait for them to set it up, not a good impression, needs improvement.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Kim M,

We do apologize for the experience you and your group had during your lunch at our restaurant. Our entire staff promise next time you are in the area you and your group will not have the same experience..

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here on business for about a week. When I arrived, the lady at the front desk asked for my card for incidentals and accidentally charged my card 715 dollars. It took three days to reverse the charges. On Thursday of that week, I had my stay extended by one day. I was told that I would not need to provide a credit card to check back in. However, when I went to check in, Ish insisted I provide a credit card. He was very rude but promised not to charge my card again. He proceeded to charge my card $250. Later that day, I was awoken with two calls and pounding on my door. Maintenance needed to get in my room, so I was moved. Personnel understood that I slept during the day yet persisted on being rude.
Other complaints include-- no free coffee, no continental breakfast, terrible internet, and bad cable tv. This hotel is definitely not worth the price. Worse holiday inn I have ever stayed!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

mwoodward79,

We do apologize for the in convenience you experienced at the hotel. I would like guarantee you next time you are in area to reach out to myself and you will not have any problems,

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I was in Houston for two weeks and stayed in this hotel. The surrounding area is dirty, but the property itself is great! I found the desk staff great the whole trip. They had upgraded me to the jacuzzi suite (pics attached). There is a nice pool, work out room, and hot tub downstairs. Nice bar and okay food. I didn't not find the highway noise a problem because it's a constant white noise.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mari V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston East-Channelview, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Gilbert0,

Thank you for the great review. I have shared you post with the staff .We all invite you back to our hotel .