“Be Warned - The Owner/Innkeeper is Dishonest and Belligerent”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Wakefield Farms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chappell Hill
Wakefield Farms
Houston, TX USA
“Be Warned - The Owner/Innkeeper is Dishonest and Belligerent”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked and prepaid for the Private Farmhouse after speaking directly with Susan Borck, the owner/innkeeper, about the number of people in our party (6 one night and 7 the second night). The day before we were to arrive, I emailed Susan to confirm this information and she said that I never told her about the 7th person in our party for one night. She said to me over the phone that I was "manipulative" and "trying to get one over on her". She never let me speak and yelled and screamed at me for 10 minutes and said things such as "That's right, I have mommy issues, I don't have a man that loves me, I'm just a sad, sad person."

I have never in my life dealt with someone like her especially a business owner who would treat her customers in such a way. Because of this awful exchange on the phone, I definitely didn't want to give her our money and she breached our contract and treated me the way she did.

In addition, she refuses to give me a refund because of her cancellation policy so I am going through the Better Business Bureau of Brazos Valley for assistance.

It's such a shame because the place looked really cute and we were looking forward to a great Girls Weekend there. We had to change our plans at the very last minute to find somewhere else to go after she did this. I am warning everyone to stay far away from this place. I'm not sure what Susan Borck's problem is, but you don't want to get stuck in a situation such as we did and be verbally abused on the phone. Whatever happened to customer service?

Stayed July 2013
4 Thank michelleh
gretafred, Owner at Wakefield Farms, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
We are grateful for all reviews we receive. And on the rare occasion the review is negative, we work very hard to learn from the review.

As in most businesses, we have a reservation policy which is published and is designed to assist all our guests with their comfort and safety while allowing us to remain a viable business. Our reservation policy is congruent with best practices in our industry and other area establishments. When we exercise our policy, we do so having exposed our guests to our reservation policy an average of three times or more.

As a result of this review, we are taking action by reviewing our website and our standard guest correspondence to insure not only our policies are clear but our offerings and services are accurately represented. We believe this action will help our guests understand how, when and why they engage in a business contract with us.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Enjoyed a nice weekend at Wakefield Farm. Stayed in the Saltbox which was very comfortable. Susan the innkeeper was very friendly and showed us the other houses which were also well decorated and very charming. She also shared some fun stories about the goats, sheep, miniature horses and dogs that are on the farm.

Nice place to relax for a weekend and get away from the big city.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

19th Anniversary weekend get away. We wanted a nice quiet place to get away and relax and we got it. Very peaceful accommodations. Not "over decorated". The jacuzzi is spacious and just what we needed. We love the "kitchen in a closet" with microwave, sink, coffee maker, fridge and dishes. Too cute and efficient. Too cool for the pool, but it's beautiful. Got to tour the upcoming accommodation. It's going to be the "bomb"!! Excellent customer service. The owner even came to meet us when we got lost (our fault) trying to find the farm. It is secluded, but once you know where you're going - easy to come and go. We would absolutely book again. Maybe next time with friends or family. Would be great for a group of friends or small family gathering space.

Peace to the goats, horses and birdies. We even were visited by a friendly cat. Thanks Wakefield Farms for a memorable weekend. M & T Rodriguez

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teresa R
Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We had a wonderful stay recently at Wakefield Farms. The host and hostess were wonderful and showed us all around their property. We LOVED the miniature horses that free roam around and love to be pet. The Greek Revival was perfect. The decor was fantastic and the attention to every detail was wonderful. We are only sad that we were not able to stay longer and look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa J
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Wakefield Farms is the best place to enjoy the countryside - charming and very good taste. The location is ideal for a weekend away from the city, but still not far (it is only 1 hour drive) from Houston down town. The Inn Keeper is very professional and detailed. Everytime I could - I will come back to this place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aztlanauta
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

My wife and I were looking for a post Valentine’s Day getaway and decided to spend part of our weekend out at Wakefield Farms. The property is everything you’d expect it to be and our stay was wonderful. We were in the Greek Revival Private Farmhouse for two. Every detail, from large to small is taken care of, I do not know how you could make the experience any nicer.
The best part of the stay was meeting the owner Susan. Super friendly, a wealth of information and just fun to visit with. Take some time, go stay. You’ll be glad you did.
Paul & Tina S

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed in the charming salt box cottage for the weekend, it was so charming and luxurious!! The bed linens were top rated, the coffee was set to be ready at 7:30 a.m. and it was great waking up to the smell of coffee brewing. The bath was also luxurious, with the organic soaps and oils for the spa, what a treat!!
We were in our own little world and loved the quiet setting and the farm atmosphere! Loved looking at the sheep and donkeys in the pasture, it gave a very serene setting for the B&B. Couldn't hear the other guest in their cottage so we felt like we were the only ones there. The innkeepers gave us wonderful directions for places to eat, shop and see. They were very helpful and courteous. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: The beds were very comfortable!! When my husband likes a bed, it is because he gets a good night...