“overrated”

Cuisines: Italian
Dallas, Texas
“overrated”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Based on Trip Advisor ratings, we thought we would try this restaurant on our way to OK. We found the place to be very, very average for lunch. I ordered Minestroni soup. The portion was fairly small bowl for the price, a good flavor, but way too much salt. I mentioned this to the manager and received a dumb stare and no comment. My wife had rigatoni, which was just okay. I will take the last train out of Clarksville.

• Visited November 2013

Westlake, Texas
“Don't miss this place”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We have stopped to eat here every year for 4 years and had a great meal everytime. This year, Veal Murphy. The sauce, classic style from Florence, veal was perfect, but they added jalapenos and roasted pepers. The combination sent this recipe to new heights!
Greek salad is wonderful!
Would drive an hour out of our way to eat here and do!

• Visited May 2013
Bogata, Texas, United States
“Not Restaurant.com Cerificate Friendly Unless With A Big Party.”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Had the Lobster Ravioli, there was 5 of them, the size of a silver dollar. If it was lobster it tasted processed, canned with possible white fish tossed in, I know what it tastes like. That is all there was to them on a large plate with a tasty sauce but no linguini at all, I was still hungry. My son filled up on his, Shrimp Scampi with Linguini, he offered me his since mine was so little, he said his was good. Had the Black Forrest Cheese Cake, rich in flavor but couldn't taste the Black Forrest, was quite dry. The one roll served was good and enjoyed it with my salad. Lobster Ravioli was pricey for the cheap lobster and no linguini. When time to pay, refused Restaurant.com Gift Certificate as they said it was not worth it for 2 people, only for large groups, this is not what the certificate said or what they agreed to when signing up with them. She discounted my ticket for the 2 salads that are not included with their dinner meals, another negative and the 2 Pepsi's but still not the $25 off I expected with my certificate.

• Visited February 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good Food in small town”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

In a part of Texas known for Dairy Queen this was a great find. A group of about 15 of us visited on a Saturday for lunch. The food was hot and fresh I recommend either the manicoti or the lasagna. The egg plant parmisian was also good. Service was a little slow but overall ok.

• Visited October 2012
Valliant, Ok
“What a surprise”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Excellent food, home made, best "Murphy "dishes(veal, shrimp, chicken), great flavor and portions. Deserts are exceptional. A great find in a small town. Good atmosphere with live music on Friday and Saturday.

• Visited August 2012