“Very Cold...poor heater, terrible breakfast”

Quality Inn & Suites near Cleburne Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Cleburne
Smithson Valley, TX
“Very Cold...poor heater, terrible breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We were very disappointed in this Comfort Suites. We had stayed at one in Killeen, TX a few weeks earlier and it was great. We had our room changed to the top floor, a quiet room. They said they would have to turn on the heater and it would be an hour. No problem we didn't return for till more than 4 hours later. Te room was cold. I immediately tried it adjust the window unit heater. The controls wer broken. I did manage to finally get it to blow out warm air. I turned on the shower to warm up the room and after turning it back and forth finally got it to spray warm.- not hot water. It took about a half hour to warm the room up. They did leave all the extra pillows and towels I had requested..good thing too. We had to spread towels over the bathroom floor because it was such cold tile. The breakfast was terrible. They had lukewarm sausage patties, even the ones she just brougHt out were lukewarm. The biscuits were cool, the orange juice tasted strangled. The coffee was good. Needless to say, we'll go back to the Best Western next time.

Room Tip: Go to e Best Western.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed one night (really just a couple hours) on a business trip. I was getting in to town very late due to a delayed flight. I used a google map phone gps to take me to the hotel and was surprised to find myself at the town courthouse when the phone told me I had reached my destination. I called the hotel because I had no other way to find the hotel. The woman at the desk was incredibly helpful and talked me back to the hotel which I had missed miles ago. She said she has received that comment often. I still need to report the problem to google and try and get the destination fixed.

I wasn't overly impressed with the room itself. Everything was perfectly clean and comfortable it's just somewhat outdated. I took a quick shower (low water pressure and not as hot as I would like) and absolutely crashed. I was out again very early in the morning. The staff I encountered was very friendly and breakfast was good even though I needed to grab and go. While the facility didn't over the top impress me, it was still perfectly clean, safe, and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Spent 3 weeks here for business. Front desk staff treated me like family and we're nothing but helpful. Very clean hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

I've stayed in several locations here. Great Value. Great Service. Dollar for Dollar they beat out everyone else. I usually stay at Hampton. Other Comfort, Choice Hotels have not been as Nice as this Hotel. It's nice to see some owner/proprietors take pride in their business.

• Stayed October 2010
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

I lived at the Comfort Inn for over 2 weeks for a job. The rooms were very clean all the time, and the staff were some of the friendliest people I have ever met. They opened a brand new wing, which has beautiful 5 star like rooms. The internet was really fast, and they even let me borrow a Ethernet cable for my laptop. The managers were always smiling and welcoming. It felt like home away from home and I will happily stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2009

Came to Cleburne for family wedding. Was promised room in a 'brand new non-smoking, no-pets wing'. My wife has a serious asthma condition, so we check those details beforehand.

Returning from the wedding, there was a distinct smoke smell in the room, and there were no sheets on the sleeper sofa. The front desk was not prompt in providing sheets. They also advised that they knew the offending party upstairs and would talk to them. Smoke continued throughout the night, apparently coming in from a bathroom vent.

Upon checkout, the clerk said they would charge the offending smoking party a 30% fee for smoking, but would not extend any discount (now or later) to us.

We wrote to Choice Hotels and never received any acknowledgement. Stay at this hotel completely at your own risk. Local and franchise management are no help at all.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The stay
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Travellers also viewed these Cleburne hotels
Best Way Inn Cleburne
Best Way Inn Cleburne
#4 of 14 in Cleburne
Days Inn & Suites Cleburne TX
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleburne
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleburne
Liberty Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to Quality Inn & Suites near Cleburne Conference Center? Share your experiences!