“Very Nice”

Liberty Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cleburne
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Not much to choose from in Cleburne - but this place is certainly a very good choice.

Very upscale feel to the facility - rooms are almost "botique-like" with their furnishings, linens, etc...

Pro:

Pretty much everything with the exception of poor internet speed.

Room Tip: Nice place overall - great for a single business traveler or couples. Not a great choice for familie...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Samjax777

Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed here for three days and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. The hotel is very clean, newly remodeled since 2009 but they still tried to retain the historic appeal. The showers were big and roomy, they have a (small) fitness center and they even had a small snack shop next to the front desk. Also, they had really nice towels and they even had bathrobes if you feel so inclined to wear one. The breakfast was good, although the choices were limited and the bed was so-so. However, I would still recommend staying here as opposed to anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was recently in Cleburne at a Master Gardener Specialist course and was happy to see this little gem in a small Texas town. A member of the Choice Hotels Ascend collection, it was totally refurbished a couple of years ago. I had a one queen room and it was very comfy. My room was on the top floor and looked over the roof of the 2nd floor and at the other wing of the hotel. There was a little street noise, but it wasn't intrusive at all. Friendly staff (I left something and they called me before I could call them) and owned by the same people as the Caddo Street Grill next door, so "room service" is available there. Would definitely stay there again, if I find myself in Cleburne again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We were pleased with this lovely, restored hotel in downtown Cleburne, Texas; however, due to what sounded like a herd of elephants above us and the trains blowing through all night, we did not have a restful night here.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor and take ear plugs
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I stumbled across this hotel nearly by accident. I stopped in Cleburne for dinner and noticed an older hotel next to the restaurant. Thought about checking it out, but then decided not to, because so many of the older hotels have that older hotel smell - sort of musty and moldy. So I called the Choice folks for some place nearby in Cleburne, and she mentioned the Liberty. Recently remodeled and made part of Choice's Ascend collection. Well, since I was practically in the parking lot, that seemed like a great solution after a long drive. The place is mostly a grey-brick box on the outside, but inside they have the old-timey huge lobby with lavish chandeliers and leather couches and chairs for people to gather and socialize. The room was small, but beautiful - antique-looking secretary desk and bedside tables, 2 big gilt mirrors (one full length), decorative lamps, and a lounge chair. They even provide terry robes. It has the feel of what the place may have looked like in its infancy, but the updated features we cherish, like modern mattresses and a 40" plasma screen TV. Score!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into our room at the Liberty, and my daughter squealed with excitement. We had a beautiful, ridiculously large corner room with huge windows, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, and top notch room amenities. Every detail was thought out and well tended to- all for a whopping $99/night. Breakfast was nice (but not groundbreaking), everyone was very friendly. I've stayed at several hotels in Cleburne in the past, all which have been mediocre experiences.This is by far the best hotel in Cleburne and one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in, period.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This place is a great value. Very clean and comfortable with extremely friendly staff. The room was perfect for my wife and I on our getaway weekend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleburne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
#5 of 14 in Cleburne
Scottish Inns Cresson
Scottish Inns Cresson
#1 of 1 in Cresson

Been to Liberty Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel? Share your experiences!