“Wonderful - Grand - Didn't Want To Leave”

Liberty Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cleburne
Jemez Springs, NM
“Wonderful - Grand - Didn't Want To Leave”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This old hotel is absolutely stunning. The hotel was remodeled and there was no expense spared. The lobby was gorgeous. The service was excellent. The room was just plain wonderful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else next time I am back in Cleburne. I would go to Cleburne just to stay there!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathleen W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Needing a place to stay while visiting for a graduation, we chose the Liberty Hotel. What a wise choice this turned out to be. We needed a nice place to stay that didn't charge a fortune per night. For $99.00/night, we received a room with two queen beds. The beauty of the hotel was breathtaking. Wherever you look, the details come to life. The room was the definition of luxury, from the soft beds, to the granite-topped sink in the bathroom. The carpet on the floors was soft and warm, pillows were wonderful, and the robes, oh those soft luxurious robes the hotel provides. I will never forget those. The flat screen TV, the eating table, and the desk fit the decor of the room perfectly. The price for the room as mentioned above was more than affordable. But what really blew us away was the prices for room service from the restaurant next door. We ordered lunch and was surprised that the prices to have them deliver the food was the same as if we had gone next door ourselves and ate. No inflated price for the room service. We were also able to pay for the food right then or had the option to put it on our room tab. On Sunday, we enjoyed a great continental breakfast at the hotel with many varieties. Then for lunch, we went next door to the restaurant and tried their Sunday Brunch. Delicious is all I can say for both breakfast and lunch. Monday morning we again enjoyed the continental breakfast. But what really made this a most enjoyable experience for my family was the staff at the hotel. Friendly, knowledgeable staff in any service is expected by many customers. However, the Liberty Hotel takes that level up several notches. I noticed that I had a tear in my dress the morning of the graduation. I had forgotten my travel sewing kit. The front desk not only looked for a safety pin for me, but then provided me with a complimentary sewing kit. I was able to repair my dress in plenty of time for the graduation. The room was supplied with a couple of bottles of water. The graduate and family came over to visit after the ceremony. I went down to inquire about additional bottles of water, fully expecting to pay for them. Not only did they give me as many bottles of water I wanted, but told me to let them know if I need more. Some of the reviews that I have read about this hotel mentions noise. I had no problem with noise while staying at this hotel. We had a great experience at this hotel and I would recommend this facility to anyone. As a matter of fact, we enjoyed it so much, we are planning another trip just to stay there again!

Room Tip: My corner room was great. I was on the restaurant side of the building and had no problems with anyt...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela V
Waco, Tx
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We decided to get away for the weekend and booked this hotel. Great idea. Staff very friendly, upgraded to corner room with more space, great amenities. Hotel was built in 1920, but completely remodeled. When was the last time you paid less than $100 for a room and had bathrobes? We will definetly go back. Our only wish was that they had a better breakfast, but there are good places nearby so no problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bedlam123
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the Liberty Hotel this month and thought it was a beautiful old historic hotel. It had the feel of a historic hotel but with all the modern conveniences and amenities. The lobby had a beautiful chandelier and plush sofas. All of the furnishings, woodwork, curtains, terry cloth robes etc. had the feel of a much more expensive hotel. The rooms were a nice size and everything was very clean. The staff was friendly and the breakfast, although a continental breakfast, had waffles and a nice supply of breakfast items. Someone in a previous review mentioned train noises during the night, so I was a little bit concerned since we have stayed in a couple of hotels in the past where the trains were VERY loud, however in the 2 nights we stayed there I only heard 1 train during the night and it seemed to be quite some distance away. I probably wouldn't have noticed that if I hadn't already been awake.

We were there on a Friday night and discovered that the little theater a block away had a performance that night. The show was in the round and the performers were all local people. It was very good and a real plus to just walk a block to the show.

I don't think you will be disappointed in this hotel. The prices are very reasonable and it is beautiful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Not much to choose from in Cleburne - but this place is certainly a very good choice.

Very upscale feel to the facility - rooms are almost "botique-like" with their furnishings, linens, etc...

Pro:

Pretty much everything with the exception of poor internet speed.

Room Tip: Nice place overall - great for a single business traveler or couples. Not a great choice for familie...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Samjax777
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed here for three days and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. The hotel is very clean, newly remodeled since 2009 but they still tried to retain the historic appeal. The showers were big and roomy, they have a (small) fitness center and they even had a small snack shop next to the front desk. Also, they had really nice towels and they even had bathrobes if you feel so inclined to wear one. The breakfast was good, although the choices were limited and the bed was so-so. However, I would still recommend staying here as opposed to anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was recently in Cleburne at a Master Gardener Specialist course and was happy to see this little gem in a small Texas town. A member of the Choice Hotels Ascend collection, it was totally refurbished a couple of years ago. I had a one queen room and it was very comfy. My room was on the top floor and looked over the roof of the 2nd floor and at the other wing of the hotel. There was a little street noise, but it wasn't intrusive at all. Friendly staff (I left something and they called me before I could call them) and owned by the same people as the Caddo Street Grill next door, so "room service" is available there. Would definitely stay there again, if I find myself in Cleburne again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleburne
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleburne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleburne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Best Way Inn Cleburne
Best Way Inn Cleburne
#4 of 14 in Cleburne
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Best Western Dinosaur Valley Inn & Suites

Been to Liberty Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel? Share your experiences!