“My Stay”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Cleburne
Bonham, United States
“My Stay”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Room was poor. AC did not work. It was way too hot or way too cold. Walls were dirty. Vending machines did not work. Stay was not very enjoyable. Staff was very unpleasant to deal with. I would not choose this hotel again if I had to.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This is one of our favorite LaQuinta hotels. The rooms are very nice, the beds very comfortable, the staff is wonderful and the price is excellent for the value. We have stayed at this location numerous times in the past year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Saginaw, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at your La Quinta Inn & Suites in Cleburne, Texas in November 2013. The entire stay was a sort of comedy of errors that did not end well for me. I am a young professional female, who was traveling alone at the time. Upon driving up to the hotel, there was an unkept man outside on a cell phone, unprofessionally dressed, who then walked in behind me saying "I have someone to check in now." I had no way to know he was affiliated with the hotel as he wasn't dressed as such, no name badge/ID, etc. I checked into the hotel with a reservation around 7pm and was assigned room 219. Upon opening the door to the room, I could see bags on the beds as well as people in the room who obviously did not want to be disturbed. I quickly exited the room and returned to the front desk. I told the person at the desk that the room was occupied as well as unclean. He stated those people had checked out hours ago and should not be there. Regardless, they were and the room wasn't clean and ready for another guest. I was then assigned 203. Before entering the room, I knocked with no answer, so I proceeded into the room and settled in for the night. By this time, it is nearing 8pm. At approximately 1:30am, I hear a loud bang at my door. It was the sound of someone opening the door and the security latch catching before the door opened completely. I jumped out of bed and found two seemingly intoxicated males at my door who stated they were also assigned 203 and had a key card that opened the door. I quickly dressed and went downstairs with the two men to sort out the mess. I was told by another employee, easily identifiable as an employee by his LaQuinta polo and name badge, that I was showing to be in room 218. I was told I could go back to my room and I would not be moved again in the middle of the night. However, at this point, I was unable to go back to sleep after two disturbing events in the past few hours at your hotel. I had to be at a hospital to teach at 6am. I feel this is not only unprofessional but also unsafe. I hope that you will do something to make this right not only for me but also for future guests to not experience the same frustrations and inconveniences, to say the least.

1 Thank Antay P
VK P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleburne, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Antay. i do apology for the way thing turned out during your stay. your experience it not typical for our hotel. This usually does not happen. we try our best for guest for guest safety and comfort. please give us another change to redeem ourselves when your in town and i will personally make sure you this does not happen again and that you enjoy your stay with us.
salado, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Great place to unwind after working all day. It was quite and clean. Staff was GREAT. Food was hot and countertops were kept clean. Location was to be desired but for the value added of the room cost it is worth it.

1 Thank Mike C
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Each visit to any La Quinta Inn I have stayed in has been the most welcoming and amazing stay. Each as friendly and comfortable as the others. I prefer La Quinta over any other hotel I have stayed in. The cleanliness is first but the welcoming and personal attention I receive means so very much to me.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel is dated, but quite nicely clean and well kept up. When we checked in, the concierge, Jack, was extremely helpful in getting us the rooms we asked for and in telling us about some good restaurants in the area. We were here for a week and had no problems to speak of. The other front desk person who was very helpful was Amanda. Housekeeping did a great job, the rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. There was a fridge, microwave and coffeepot in the room. The breakfast offerings were what one would expect-- eggs, meat, biscuits and gravy as well as fruit and cereals. Most of the clientele while we were there were other working people, many of whom started the day eating breakfast early. The staff did a great job keeping the breakfast items well stocked.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others who need a good place to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Fleetwood, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The rooms are very clean - we watch Hotel Impossible and it passed the Anthony Melchiorri cleanliness checks we did :) Staff very nice and helpful. The first night we didn't sleep too well because our room faced the busy road/traffic lights so the next morning we were given a room to the other, quieter side without hesitation.

Second night we could hear the AC in the next room was so noisy, we didn't get much sleep til 2am. We called reception at 2:15am and since that room was unoccupied the night clerk came up within minutes to turn it off. Had a good night's sleep after that! Hotel wasn't too busy, so we did not hear neighbors but a family member staying on another floor had noisy ones they could hear through the walls.

AC is incredibly noisy, can't sleep with it on, so I would not want to come here in the summer!

Other than that, stay was great, rooms, and hotel in general, VERY clean, great breakfast, comfortable beds, good free WIFI access, helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing parking lot if you are easily woken by traffic noise.