“Great Night Sleep”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I was a guest in room 221 and had such a great and restful night. I really enjoyed myself. I want to give a huge thank you to the staff for their hospitality I will recommend this place to my friends and family for future visits. Again, thank you and it was a pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I was hoping for a quiet and restful stopover. I got just that. I was impressed with the professionalism of the staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the amenities in my room and the hotel. The bed was oh-so-comfy. The linens were crisp and clean. The bathroom was immaculate. I really appreciated the quiet atmosphere too. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Room at the end of the hallway on the third floor was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very courteous & helpful. The bed was really comfortable! Loved the little snack area...came in very handy! We were wishing it was warmer weather because the pool area was very pretty! We will definitely be staying here again when in the area!

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor & had no problems with noise above or below.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We checked in at midnight, we did not have a reservation. We normally go to Homewood suites in Kingwood Texas, but since it was so late and Cleveland was much closer we decided to try to Holiday Inn Express and I'm so glad we did. This is where we will stay from now on when we go to Cleveland area. We stayed in a suite which has 2 Queen beds and a fold out sofa bed. Everyone said their beds were very comfortable, even to sofa bed. The room was very nice and clean. I was very imnpressed! It was also about $60 cheaper than Homewood. We will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you need a room with 3 beds instead of 2
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here for a weekend and was generally pleased with the hotel. The rooms were spacious, clean, quiet and well-appointed. They have an "always on" option for the fan on the air conditioner so that you can have ambient white noise if you prefer. My room was at the back side of the hotel, away from the busy highway, which resulted in now road noise. The back side of the hotel looks out over the back yards of a residential area. Breakfast was your typical Holiday Inn Express fare with biscuits & gravy, eggs, pancake machine, assorted breaks, bananas and their signature cinnamon rolls. Since I had work to do, I appreciated that the rooms had a desk, though they did have a temporary loss of internet during my stay. Also, on some computers, you will not connect automatically and will have to enter the wireless router address directly. They also have a pool, though I did not use it.

The one complaint that I have will not apply to those who only occasionally travel, but if you are a frequent traveler and have earned the highest loyalty status within this brand, this may be important. It was my experience that you will NOT get the complementary upgrade for top level status. That was a bit of a frustration as I typically spend dozens of nights in IHG hotels each year and usually get upgraded if space is available. However, upon checking in, I was told that there were indeed upgraded rooms available. When I inquired about a complimentary upgrade since I have top level status within their Priority Reward program, I was told that any upgrade would cost more money. When I explained how the program states that upgrades, when available, are complimentary to Platinum Elite members, the individual at check in just said something about having to ask the boss, then never proceeded to follow through on that.

NOTE: There is no highway sign marking the exit at the time of this review, so if you are driving from Houston, get off at at the exit marked for the Best Western and stay on the frontage road. The hotel will be on your right after going through the light on Highway 105.

Other than the staff's not understanding their loyalty program, it is a very nice, clean property that would be a viable option when visiting or passing through Cleveland. And while in town, do not miss eating at the Ranch Hand Cafe just east of town!!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is a great new Holiday Inn Express with rooms that are very clean. Rooms are fresh and modern. The front desk was very friendly and the pool very clean. The hot tub is never above 99 so why call it a "hot tub". The wake up call requested never came, the manager blamed it on the lightning and storms in the area. Overall a good stay, just realize you are on your own and not much in the way of good restaurants, all fast food. Then again, it is Cleveland, Texas.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 3rd floor on back side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

arrived at 8:00 on a rainy Saturday night. Staff made me feel at home, had my reservation ready, and was ready with a wonderful buffet breakfast the next morning. Room was spacious and only cost $80 with tax. Great Value, Will Definately Return

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Best Western Cleveland Inn & Suites
Super 8 Cleveland TX
#5 of 7 in Cleveland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston New Caney
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland? Share your experiences!