“Clean room and comfortable bed”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I booked two nights through an online service, based off of the great reviews and discounted rate. Although, after my experience, I would still book a room here, even at full price. It is a bit off the beaten path, but still close enough to the epicenter of my trip. We were very impressed with the staff, the cleanliness of our room and all the common areas. Our bed was very comfy and the room was well laid out. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it was free and there is a good variety. The hotel is brand new and right off the freeway, but you don't hear traffic. Cleveland is a small town in south Texas, so don't expect an exciting metropolis within walking distance. There are a few stores and restaurants for your convenience though. If you are looking for a quiet, clean and comfortable place to stay, I highly recommend going a little out of your way for this hotel. I am very picky about where I stay and I am very pleased that I chose this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: May 2013
Patti G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your response! We enjoyed having you stay at the Holiday Inn Cleveland and hope you will come visit again!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is a new hotel. The décor is well done. There is a nice seating area near the lobby. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The breakfast is the usual Holiday Inn Express food.

We found the staff friendly and helpful. Probably the best place to stay in Cleveland. We will stay here again.

The pricing is very competitive our rate was $68.00 for two queen beds

Room Tip: The rooms near the elevator and breakfast area on the first floor can have more noise than desired.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I was a guest in room 221 and had such a great and restful night. I really enjoyed myself. I want to give a huge thank you to the staff for their hospitality I will recommend this place to my friends and family for future visits. Again, thank you and it was a pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I was hoping for a quiet and restful stopover. I got just that. I was impressed with the professionalism of the staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the amenities in my room and the hotel. The bed was oh-so-comfy. The linens were crisp and clean. The bathroom was immaculate. I really appreciated the quiet atmosphere too. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Room at the end of the hallway on the third floor was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very courteous & helpful. The bed was really comfortable! Loved the little snack area...came in very handy! We were wishing it was warmer weather because the pool area was very pretty! We will definitely be staying here again when in the area!

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor & had no problems with noise above or below.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We checked in at midnight, we did not have a reservation. We normally go to Homewood suites in Kingwood Texas, but since it was so late and Cleveland was much closer we decided to try to Holiday Inn Express and I'm so glad we did. This is where we will stay from now on when we go to Cleveland area. We stayed in a suite which has 2 Queen beds and a fold out sofa bed. Everyone said their beds were very comfortable, even to sofa bed. The room was very nice and clean. I was very imnpressed! It was also about $60 cheaper than Homewood. We will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you need a room with 3 beds instead of 2
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here for a weekend and was generally pleased with the hotel. The rooms were spacious, clean, quiet and well-appointed. They have an "always on" option for the fan on the air conditioner so that you can have ambient white noise if you prefer. My room was at the back side of the hotel, away from the busy highway, which resulted in now road noise. The back side of the hotel looks out over the back yards of a residential area. Breakfast was your typical Holiday Inn Express fare with biscuits & gravy, eggs, pancake machine, assorted breaks, bananas and their signature cinnamon rolls. Since I had work to do, I appreciated that the rooms had a desk, though they did have a temporary loss of internet during my stay. Also, on some computers, you will not connect automatically and will have to enter the wireless router address directly. They also have a pool, though I did not use it.

The one complaint that I have will not apply to those who only occasionally travel, but if you are a frequent traveler and have earned the highest loyalty status within this brand, this may be important. It was my experience that you will NOT get the complementary upgrade for top level status. That was a bit of a frustration as I typically spend dozens of nights in IHG hotels each year and usually get upgraded if space is available. However, upon checking in, I was told that there were indeed upgraded rooms available. When I inquired about a complimentary upgrade since I have top level status within their Priority Reward program, I was told that any upgrade would cost more money. When I explained how the program states that upgrades, when available, are complimentary to Platinum Elite members, the individual at check in just said something about having to ask the boss, then never proceeded to follow through on that.

NOTE: There is no highway sign marking the exit at the time of this review, so if you are driving from Houston, get off at at the exit marked for the Best Western and stay on the frontage road. The hotel will be on your right after going through the light on Highway 105.

Other than the staff's not understanding their loyalty program, it is a very nice, clean property that would be a viable option when visiting or passing through Cleveland. And while in town, do not miss eating at the Ranch Hand Cafe just east of town!!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland
Motel 6 Cleveland
#6 of 7 in Cleveland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston New Caney
The Retreat at Artesian Lakes

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cleveland? Share your experiences!