I love that the one room cabins are on the water with their own balcony with a porch swing. They had a gas fireplace and nice bathroom and kitchenette. We didn't stay during a weekend but some rooms come with a carriage ride and breakfast on Saturday mornings. We stayed at the Thomas J. Rusk cabin. It was on the corner with no neighbors to the left, so we had room to spread out by the fire ring. Its perfect for those that want to camp but not really "camp"! You have modern conviences. The alligators are fun for the kids to watch their glowing eyes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Retreat at Artesian Lakes (formerly Chain - O - Lakes Resort & Conference Center) is a uniquely designed, nature-focused facility ideal for family vacations, romantic getaways, weddings, group retreats and business conferences.Located on the edge of the Texas Big Thicket National Preserve, about one hour north of Houston, The Retreat at Artesian Lakes offers overnight accommodations in authentic log cabins, log suites, and private log homes. The Retreat at Artesian Lakes is also home to Hilltop Restaurant, a famous East Texas landmark founded by renowned herbalist and cook, Madalene Hill. Hilltop's exquisite cuisine is based on the herbs grown in the adjacent garden. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Retreat At Artesian Lakes Hotel Cleveland
- Retreat At Artesian Lakes Cleveland
- Chain o Lakes Cleveland
- The Retreat At Artesian Lakes Cleveland, Texas