“Not what I expected”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Clute
Midland, Michigan
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The hotel looked new from the outside and reasonably priced, but I did not expect the intensity of the road noise from 288 to be so intense that it was hard to sleep, all night.

I had to put my shoulder into the door to get it to open every time; the initial impression was not the best.

Room was okay, spacious, and reasonably priced, but if you still have decent hearing, bring good ear plugs. Won't stay at any of the motels with doors facing 288.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the oposite side of the hotel from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 776BillD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, the pillows were VERY soft. Good water pressure, microwave, mini fridge, iron, coffee pot, free wifi, modern flat panel TV, good A/C, very quiet. Overall very impressed with the room for the price. My biggest complaint was the wifi... yeah they have free wifi, but it was the slowest most unstable connection I've ever had. It takes over a full minute to initially "authenticate" you when you use it. Once connected it was painfully slow. I was able to connect to Best Western's wifi (right next door) without any trouble. Aside from that, I had no trouble. Someone else joking commented on the view of the chemical plant.. and yes, the view from the front of the building is a chemical plant.. but that place lights up like a christmas tree at night and it actually looks pretty neat. The town is built around a chemical plant, what do you expect?

I will be staying here again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank arcooke
Corpus Christi
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Hotel charged extra for towels they claim were missing...nothing was removed from the hotel room. The hotel itself is nothing to speak of and is a way overpriced motel. Do yourself a favor and find something else.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank swerve784
TX
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed here for one night during the week. Room was good size - included mircowave and mini-fridge. Newer television - free wi-fi. Room was clean - staff was friendly. Nice variety of pillows. Good solid room - very reasonable price. Hotel was crowded with workers but noise was not a problem. Would stay here again. This location would be a nice low-cost option to Galveston and is approximately halfway between Galveston and Houston.

Room Tip: All rooms face outside of hotel - no interior hallways
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SuzfromTex
Redstone, Co
Reviewed 13 January 2012

This motel seemed to be rated about as high as any of the moderately priced motels in the Clute / Freeport / Lake Jackson area so we stayed. Price charged was about 20% less than shown on internet but we were there mid-week in mid-January and not many folks staying at all the motels in this area. We found the room very adequate and clean. Our only complaint was that there was no wifi service that night which I understand is not normal. The night clerk was obviously not well versed in helping to get the wifi service back on. The continental breakfast which includes eggs and sausage was quite adequate.

Room Tip: Suggest getting room on 2nd floor away from the street traffic.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ernieRedstone_CO
Texas
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed one night on our way home from Galveston. The hotel was clean and our room was in good condition. Will stay here again. Easy access from freeway.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jbooth2099
Bev Hills
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This had to be one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had at a hotel. Not only does it have a fabulous view of the chemical plant, it began badly with the person at the front desk saying that there would be an extra charge for a crib. As we wrestled our way into the room due to something being wrong with the door lock, I read in the hotel information that cribs were complimentary. The room was so dank and dark that we decided just to use our own pac-n-play and not even try what they had to offer. I took the kids to the pool, where after 10 minutes I had to go back to the room and put my clothes over my bathing suit, due to the line of motorcycle gang members (there must have been a convention for banditos that weekend) ogling me from the balcony above. The hotel also did not provide pool towels-we had to sign 4 out at the front desk and were told we would be charged if they were not accounted for the next morning. We promptly returned them to the front desk as soon as we could. Went back to the room soon after.
The entire night was filled with sounds from motorcycles arriving and leaving-the motorcycle owners actually drove them up to the door and parked them right in front of their door. The next morning we tried to make a quick getaway and went to pick up some breakfast for the drive home. I took my 2 year old toddler with me and was greeted to a racist comment from the person who apparently made the crappy breakfast.
All in all, I will never,ever go back to a 'quality' inn or Clute, TX.

Room Tip: just don't go!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sportyspiceBevHills
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clute
Ocean Village Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
Candlewood Suites Lake Jackson
#3 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!