“Piggy "[--]" Burger”

Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Coleman
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Owl Drug was established in 1923 and has been serving the families of Coleman County and all over Texas and beyond for generations. A full service Pharmacy with an Old Fashioned Soda Fountian & Grill along with The Owl's Nest Home & Gift Shop is a delightful and nostalgic rest/ food stop in Coleman. Kid friendly with clean restrooms! The Owl Burgers, fried pickles and hand dipped shakes are fresh and made on the spot! Come see us and make us your stop in Coleman.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a Great place to stop in, a charming store! The burger was awesome with ham and bacon, along with the chili cheese fries and shake, my husband was in heaven. I had the cold plate with fresh homemade chicken salad and tomato slices, along with a true, cherry limeade, made right at the soda fountain!
Definitely worth the time taken off the highway!

1  Thank Christy K

Reviewed 31 July 2013

So, this was a repeat visit for me. I had to be in Coleman for a funeral, and so made it a point to have breakfast at this old fashioned diner again. I wasn't disappointed! Not only was my food great, but I stayed at least 30 minutes after finishing to visit with the locals. They are sooo nice and friendly! Met the owner and had a great conversation with him. Now I will return here again not only for the excellent cuisine, but to visit with my new friends!

1  Thank DrKamala
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stopped in Coleman on the way back to Austin from CO and happened onto the Owl. What a great fun place, especially for kids. Old fashioned burgers, grilled cheese and fries (served in a 1950s hot rod), ,milkshakes and root beer float. And the pharmacy part of the Owl has neat and unique gifts. Thumbs up on a great place to stop for a bite and shopping.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stopped in at the Owl drugstore for breakfast on the way from Brady to Abilene, and had a delicious breakfast in this old fashioned diner inside a drug store. Full of locals, friendly service, you can see your meal being prepared - a real taste of America as it used to be. Lovely. Recommend the owls mess!
They were just celebrating 90 years of trading. What an achievement.

2  Thank Joala
Reviewed 9 July 2013

What a refreshing surprise. Friendly place friendly people. Great food! Felt like I stepped back in time, but with a updated feel. Glad we didn't drive right on by!

2  Thank wendyhomespun