Maybe because I am obviously a Senior Citizen (age 69 and a bit stooped) and requested a Senior Rate, we were assigned an “Accessible Room” with king-size bed on the first floor - Rm 109.
The king-size bed was clean (read my other reviews in B/CS to learn why we learned to search a motel bed in 2-5 minutes) and comfortable. We do question how accessible the room really is.
The bathroom was apparently retrofitted in an older building in an attempt to meet the accessible rules. The bathroom was expanded into the room and the tub is one that is elevated to accommodate drain plumbing under the tub without excavating into the slab. Consequently, entering the tub requires a step up over the side and the tub bottom is 3 to 4 inches above the bathroom floor. Once wet, we found the tub bottom very slippery, so much so that my wife and I quickly learned to stand by to assist the one entering and exiting the tub/shower. The grab bars were installed and most anyone assigned this room will use them. The tub/shower is fitted with an extremely nice hand-held shower head that we greatly prefer over the fixed shower head in most motels. Temperature control on the shower fixture is one of the best I have ever found in a hotel room. The bathroom floor is nice tile, but the tile is also slippery when wet and the supplied bath mat is extremely small, similar to a hand towel size.
Expanding the bathroom consumed a significant amount of room space, especially for a king-size bed. My wife is a retired RN with BS and MS in Nursing 40+ years of hospital experience, including 20+ years in rehabilitation. In her opinion, a queen or full bed would be much more useable (safe) in the available space. Space is completely inadequate for a wheelchair patient, and one with a walker could be at significant risk. If you really need an accessible room, look elsewhere. In fact, if I were alone, I would be reluctant to stay overnight in this room for fear of falling in the bathroom.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Super 8 College Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 College Station Hotel College Station
- Super Eight College Station
- College Station Super Eight
- College Station Super 8
- Super 8 College Station Texas