“Bad hotel stay somewhere else!!”

Super 8 College Station
Super 8 College Station
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in College Station
League City, Texas
“Bad hotel stay somewhere else!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place is old run down and dirty . I stayed all of about 2 hrs and changed hotels.The rooms have not been updated since the place was built ,I'm guessing sometime in 1985 .the towels and bed sheets also about the same age. The hallways are hot with mud tracked from one end to the other .The other guests all seemed to be from a construction crew . They had the BBQ pit going in the parking lot and we're smoking and drinking in the parking lot.I turned my key in and overheard the front desk employee ask what I assumed to be another employee holding a 24 ounce beer when he was going to clean the parking lot. I only stayed 2hrs!!!!! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! the front desk didn't even question why I was leaving after two hrs

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I reserved this hotel last minute for a reunion at A&M. The hotel needs a major upgrade on the interior. Service was decent (3/5 stars).

My biggest problem is that I think that my hotel room/bed had BED BUGS. I woke up the next day with small bite marks on my arms and legs. Its terrible because even 3 weeks later, I am still having to wash and dry (on high heat) my clothes and sheets because I think some came home with me in my clothes! I will never sleep in this dirty hotel and wouldn't recommend it even if you are desperate for a room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Miguel S
Houston, TX
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here during Texas A&M Parent's Weekend when rooms are hard to come by and prices are through the roof!
We weren't expecting Taj Mahal at this Super 8 and we certainly didn't get it. As far as the Pros and Cons:

Pros: Friendly staff; Room was run down but seemed clean enough; Air condition did its job; beds were adequate for a couple of nights sleep: Location near A&M can't be beat.

Cons: Light bulbs from two separate lamps were missing. We reported this the first night but and were told it would be fixed by housekeeping, but it never was; No ironing board or iron in the room; No closet to hang clothes - instead there was a closet rod in a corner of the main room; No drain plug in the bathroom sink; a bathroom mirror that has seen better days; Only a single four plug electrical socket prevented us from charging phones, using laptops, etc. unless we unplugged the TV or light fixtures.; Small bath towels and thin sheets and blankets.; Hallways smelled of smoke and age.

In summary, on busy weekends when rooms are tight and prices high, this is an OK place with a great location. But it is absolutely a non-frills motel and you need to keep that in mind when booking a room.

Room Tip: Third floor was decently quite; Even numbered rooms face to the South and overlook the parking lot w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Room 204. Management was nice. Hallways and lobby were stuffy and hot. The room appeared clean with queen size comfortable beds, flat screen tv, mini fridge, coffee maker. The air conditioner worked well but turned on and off often and was loud when running. There was a loud drip outside of the window when the air conditioner was not running. The shower had hot water and plenty of pressure. The breakfast area was very clean and one of the better breakfasts for similar hotels. We had reservations for parents' weekend and had no problems with our reservation. We did need to add Thursday night. Super 8 wanted to charge twice the rate of comparable hotels that had availability, so we stayed elsewhere on Thursday night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bryan College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
#14 of 36 in College Station
Days Inn College Station University Drive
Days Inn College Station Univers...
#32 of 36 in College Station
EZ Travel Inn
EZ Travel Inn
#28 of 36 in College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College S...
#2 of 36 in College Station
Ramada College Station
Ramada College Station
#3 of 36 in College Station

Been to Super 8 College Station? Share your experiences!