“Great last minuet stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, College Station
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in College Station
Silsbee,Tx
“Great last minuet stay!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Having traveled to see friends and family after a nearby festival, we found we were just too tired to drive back home. I found this hotel on my phone and liked that there was a last minuet booking deal. Arriving at 10 pm on a Saturday, check in was hassle free and took under 5 minuets. Walking into a Clean, Nicely furnished room that was beyond what I had expected was great! The King bed was Fantastic! I loved that the bedspread was not the usual tacky multicolored that I've always seen. The bed linens were crisp, clean and wonderful. There were a few dings in the bathroom. Cracked plaster near the base boards and scratched sink base but honestly it didn't even effect my impression. The Breakfast that was offered the next morning was better that I expected. I'm used to the cold cereal and maybe donuts set up. The hot oatmeal, eggs, bacon, Waffle bar, etc was phenomenal. The area was kept clean and fully stocked for the entire time we were eating. Check out was simple and quick. This is now our place to stay when we are anywhere near the area!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Augustine, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We've been staying here for about 4 years, as we have two Aggies! We hate staying anywhere else, and usually they find a spot for us even if something happens and we have to book at short notice. The customer is the #1 priority here, and if you have any issues, Mr. Patel and Kristen will quickly take care of them. The breakfast is great, the staff calls you by name, and we do feel safe and comfortable here. We always thank the staff for making our stay comfortable but thought I would do it in writing. Stay here, but save me a room!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Been staying here for a few months now. Great service and very friendly staff. If you need anything at all...you just ask and they try to accommodate. Great pillows on the beds too!!! The outside pool area is very nice with a waterfall and hot tub. Breakfast provided in the mornings is always good with a wide range of choices and the breakfast staff is very friendly as well. I would recommend a stay here anytime!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suited for a gameday trip and there were some fumbles to say the least during our stay.

First, beware putting the address of the hotel in your iPhone maps app, it won't lead you all the way down to the hotel. We had to call and get better directions which was fine. The hotel was not walking distance to campus but we knew that going in so we were ok.

Checking in was a breeze, everyone we encountered working the front desk during our stay was great. Very hospitable and willing to help.

We get to the room and it's just "ok." The layout was fine but the lighting was terrible! Not enough lamps or central lighting. The furniture looked a little old and worn down but I suppose that's to be expected.

This is where I had the HUGE problem: housekeeping is awful, I mean TERRIBLE! The room was a bit dusty, the bathroom was not spotless, the shower curtain needed to be replaced, the carpet needed to be vacuumed better and there were stains on the inside of the comforter. Also, you have 2 tiny trash cans in the room, definitely not enough.

A MAJOR miss was this: we had our do not disturb sign on the door until 10:30am when we left for the game. I took it off the door and left. When we came back EXHAUSTED that night, our room had not been visited by housekeeping!!! I called the front desk and she said housekeeping was of course gone for the day and they did not clean our room because I had the sign on the door. Um, that means housekeeping came to our door before 10:30am and because we had the sign on the door that early, they thought that meant don't clean our room for the rest of the day. The truth is they were just lazy and probably wanted to go home early. It was awful. Then, all the front desk could do was offer us fresh towels and when they brought them up, one had a huge hole.

This situation with housekeeping was NOT ok. We couldn't speak to a manager because they don't work on the weekends but we will definitely be calling this Monday to get part of our room stay refunded. It's not fair I pay full rate for a room and not get a service such as housekeeping.

On another note, the complimentary breakfast was good. Eggs, waffles, pastries, sausage, potatoes, yogurt, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, juices, coffee.... service at breakfast was nice.

Would I stay here again....probably not.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DOC2003
country1010, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, College Station, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for your lengthy review, I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you mentioned. we have addressed your various concerns with our Housekeeping. I would like to assure you we take our guests concerns very seriously and ensure this is never repeated. At Country Inn & Suites we work very hard to offer our guests a great stay, and this time we failed to do so, once again please accept my abject apologies
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Nice rooms, reasonably priced, and great staff!! Travel to the area quite frequently for business and have always enjoyed staying. Staff is very friendly and helpful! Great location and very quiet. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling to the Bryan/College Station area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Charleston, WV
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I picked this hotel when I had to go to College Station for a conference. My wife and I were glad we stayed here. The hotel was very quiet and the shower is very big. We both enjoyed swimming in the outdoor pool. But the hotel had a couple of issues. First, there was a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I guess housekeeping missed it. We simply put in the floor. Second the floor in the bathroom was very dirty. Third, the toilet paper dispenser is very low. Despite these issues, I would recommend staying at this hotel when visiting College Station.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
country1010, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, College Station, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Thank you for your very nice review, we at Country Inn strive to give our guests a great experience. We regret to hear of the issues you encountered with your housekeeping service in your room and want to apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay.
San Antonio, tx
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms. Spacious space. Breakfast was good with lots of options. Didn't hear highway noise room. Pretty pool. We had the one room suite with the foldout for our daughter. Plenty of space for the three of us.

• Stayed August 2013