“Great place to stay!”

Courtyard Bryan College Station
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for many years and this Courtyard is one of the reasons I continue to stay at Marriott properties. This hotel is conveniently located right of the local highway (although my GPS had a difficult time directing me to the exact spot). I was in town for one night for my company. Everyone is very professional & helpful. It is also a short 10 minute drive over to Texas A&M University and the George Bush (Sr) Library.

I left my prescription glasses in my room and didn't realize until later that night when I was already 90 minutes south in Houston at my next location. I was leaving the next morning to go back home to Los Angeles. Due to some strange phone situation, the hotel was not receiving incoming calls from outside for about 12 hours. I sent an email to Mindy Wilson, the General Manager, and she made sure that my glasses were Fedex'd overnite, so I only went 1 night without them. This is the kind of extra attention that keeps me coming back to Marriott.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lizard2006
Mindy W, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thanks so much for your response on your recent stay! We are delighted to have you as a guest and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We needed one night in the area to move our son into his dorm at TAMU. It was graduation weekend so we were lucky to get a room! This property is a bit out of the way and hard to find and in need of a room upgrade. To its credit, the lobby is newly remodeled.

The king room was fine for one night, but very small. When the sleeper sofa was pulled out, there was not much space left. The vanity area in the bathroom was small, too. The furnishing were clean, but showing signs of wear. The bed was comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet for a sold out hotel!

The hotel served our purpose, but I only gave it an average rating because it is average compared to the new or newly remodeled Courtyard properties.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Mindy W, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor Survey! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott College Station! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Less than impressed for a Courtyard Marriott hotel. Typically this chain is nice, clean and comfortable. Upon checking in the lobby was nicely updates and the front desk staff were pleasant but I was told the entire staff except for 3 people had been changed over in the last couple weeks.
I asked for some lotion and the front desk said they couldn't find any then I was told they were out... I asked if they were out completely and she said yes. We spent a couple hours at the pool no problems there but when we came down to the restaraunt to eat. I was told they were only serving alcohol because they didn't have any trained staff to make food. I had ask if that was some information that should have been told to me when I checked in. I was there with my wife and daughter and none of us drink alcohol. Now I had to figure out what to do for dinner. This is when I found out their location is not convienent to food establishments. I had to drive about 3 miles just to get to some food place that were less than a half mile away. That's because the hotels location was trapped on a one way access road that winded down until you could turn around. All in all this place may be get better once the staff is better???

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We are under new management, I can assure you that your next visit will be that of a Marriott standard! We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The College Station Courtyard has what every Marriott Courtyard in the country provides- clean,comfortable beds, clean rooms, and a nice lobby for work and relaxation. As a constant traveler its always nice to know what can be expected at a Courtyard. What separates this Courtyard from the others is its staff and its excellent service. The staff has always bent over backwards to make my stay a comfortable one. I strongly recommend this hotel as the best for leisure or business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your response! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Very clean & comfortable. Beds are great & the staff is super friendly and accommodating when asking for directions. Very nice work area off of lobby, with work stations, coffee bar and copier. Basic breakfast foods & snacks available. Not the closest location to campus but off of highway 6 and only a short drive to A & M.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage or plan to come & go a lot, I would choose a ground floor room. The...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response on your recent stay! We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and look forward to serving you in the near future!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Thank you for your careful attention to detail. The room was clean, cool, and comfortable. We loved to pool and the friendly service from the staff. So glad to have such a great hotel right next to the new hospital. We will always stay here when in town. So convenient to everything we need.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

So glad you enjoyed your visit at the Courtyard by Marriott College Station!!! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I should have commented months ago after we stayed there but I had just started a new job and haven't had the time. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite at the Courtyard Marriott in College Station. It was very very nice! The staff was very nice and helpful. My daughter definitely enjoyed the jacuzzi. The bed and linens were very nice. Most hotels you stay in the beds aren't that comfortable but this bed was excellent. The hotel was very nice, smelled nice and well taken care of. We would definitely stay in the hotel again and again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time for the response on your visit to the Courtyard by Marriott College Station! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you soon!