“Disappointed ..overpriced and dirty” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Austin, Texas
“Disappointed ..overpriced and dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times but this time there was dirty underwear hanging in the bathroom, hairs in the bath, loud air conditioner that didn't cool well and was dank and clammy. Manager asked if we wanted another room then told us there wasn't one available? We stayed but will not be back. Hilton properties were available for $50 less and we will go there next time.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Zestytx123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Clean motel, friendly front staff, pretty good morning breakfast (lots to choose from for breakfast meal) & great, comfy beds. Good place to stay for the weekend if you're visiting your college student for the weekend. Pool is very small.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chillicothe, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This property is definitely in need of some refurbishment, but our stay was just fine. We arrived pretty late, but our room and all paperwork was waiting for us. Carpet could use a good cleaning or replacement because I think that is where the musty odor is coming from. However, the bed was clean, bathroom was clean, good coffee maker/ fridge set-up. Perfectly acceptable for a quick stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Our stay was pleasant and we slept really good- checked the bed because of the pictures, but it was really clean and nothing like that in the pictures posted. The girl did accidentally double charge us for the room, but was corrected promptly and it took 14 days for the refund, but I travel a lot and I understand mistakes, I will stay again. We were very pleased and comfortable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room was pretty big but smelled like the carpet was wet (like mildew). Then there was only one lady at the desk my whole stay which was aggravating when all I needed was a blanket. Oh yeah and my keys stopped working and I had to wait 10 mins to get into my room because there was ONE person at the desk. The breakfast was AWESOME, I cannot complain about that and fresh the entire morning, they didn't run out of anything and all hotels were booked because of the softball tournament we were staying in college station so this was a last minute reservation. Everything was kept clean in our room, as far as I know and that disgusting smell in our room. Other than that it was a decent stay but definitely not worth the money we paid! Definitely isn't a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: rip out the carpet and add new carpet and upgrade those TV's!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The room was clean and smelled good. Desk clerk was pleasant. I thought the bed was a bit low to the ground after so many hotels have theirs high, but then remembered it was a handicap room (only one available).

The TV was a bit of a disappointment, not enough to reduce the rating but I have become spoiled to flat screen TV's and travel with a DVD player to hook up. I could have used the "old fashioned" cables but the picture was not all that great, so I did not bother. There was a good selection of channels though.

Internet was good. I did not have breakfast and the hotel was a bit noisy as it seemed to be full of soccer players.

Room Tip: Top floor might be quieter with sports teams there.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Carrollton, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was all set to give this hotel a great review. Hubby and I checked in late Thursday night and were really pleased at the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. The room was very comfortable and spacious, and breakfast was pretty good. I was excited to have finally found a hotel in College Station that I felt comfortable in. Then we got the first bill.

This was supposed to be a 3-night stay booked at a guaranteed rate through CCRA Travel Solutions, but on the 2nd morning there was a bill under our door showing we were checking out after just 2 nights. My husband went down to the front desk and got it changed, but then I noticed that they had the rate wrong, too ($10 a night highter), so I went back down to the front desk and she supposedly fixed that.

After the 3rd night, we got our bill as expected, but were dismayed to find that it still showed the wrong rate. On top of that, hubby checked our bank account online and it showed that the hotel had put THREE holds on our account for 3 different amounts, none of which was the correct amount. On our way out, we stopped by the front desk again and were told that the manager would be in later that evening to fix it. I followed up by calling the hotel that evening when I got home, but was told the manager wouldn't be in until Tuesday. The clerk offered to call the manager and get it straightened out. She called me back a while later and assured me that the incorrect charges would be removed and the correct charge would be applied.

I was satisfied when the incorrect charges were removed from my account by Tuesday, but on Wednesday, I discovered that FOUR additional charges were made against my account totalling more than $600 (the guaranteed rate was $333.47 with tax). At this point I had to contact my bank to initiate a Visa dispute. I did try to call the corporate offices of Quality Suites, but the rep (who apparently worked from home) was so busy telling her barking dogs "no" that I could barely understand what she was telling me. I got an email address for the hotel and for customer service and sent an email to both. As of Friday at 9:00 pm, I still have not received a response from either and I have not heard from the hotel manager at all.

This is terrible customer service. $400+ of the charges have actually cleared my bank and there are still charges pending. This is just WRONG WRONG WRONG and I will NEVER stay at a Quality hotel EVER AGAIN. I can't believe they haven't even bothered to follow up with me! Watch your back...at this hotel, you are likely to get SCREWED.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. This one will cost you a fortune!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family