“Great Stay!”

Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in College Station
desifyedsyco
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2009

This was my first time staying at this hotel, and it was above expectations. I was on a business trip and had gotten out from a late meeting. From the outside the hotel seemed fairly new, which is what drew me to the property. There was a young, Hispanic man on shift that night, and he accommodated my needs beyond perfectly. The check in time was phenomenal, I was given a decent rate, the night guy was very informative on the area and helped me find the best place to eat. The room was not the cleanest one I have stayed in. The toilet was dirty and there were some stains on the pillow case, but other than that it was fairly clean. The hot breakfast was nice. Overall the night service at the hotel was amazing, the room was nice even though the cleanliness was not up to par. Overall I would stay here again!

Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank desifyedsyco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2008

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

I got bed bug or some sorts of flees bit that is unacceptable. The toilets didn’t work by the second day.

The hotel looked good, but the service was not good- just wanted to emphasize that!

• Disliked — service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank suechen
salt lake
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

We were so unhappy.We stayed here the last time we came to texas and it was great so decided to stay again. This time was terrible! I brought my mom this time and told her how nice it was. Wow was she surprised it was nothing like I told her.The hotel was not clean. They forgot to clean are room on one of the days we were there.The carpets looked horrible.The breakfast was not as good as before. The tables were not wiped off! The towels were stained.I would never stay there again. Also never use the couch that makes into a bed. It is the worse thing ever.We looked at it the last time we stayed and it looked fine.They are not the same in ever room.This one was older than dirt.I wonder if they are under new mangement or if they have just gone to the dogs. I will stay somewhere else next time I come down

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank hope82
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2008

We stayed here one night this past weekend and were disappointed at the condition of the room - carpet needed cleaning; it appeared that the carpet had not been vacuumed. When I pulled the shower curtain back to take a shower there was a razor cover and shampoo cap left over from the last occupant of the room, so I am sure that the maids had skipped cleaning the shower and tub, thus we did not let our daughter take a bath there. The overhead bathroom light was also out . I went down to the lobby to tell the person at the front desk; after I stated the problems, he went over to a stack of paper and started sifting through these without acknowledging what I had said. When we returned to the room, the bathroom light had been fixed, but the other issues were the same. Housekeeping did not come to the room.
Later I was sent the usual e mail through Choice hotels to evaluate our stay. I filled out the form with my comments, but after spending 10 minute doing this, I was unable to finish the evaluation because I could not get the page to load and move to the next one to finish it, so I am not sure they ever received it.
Probably will be quite skeptical about staying at a Comfort Suites again.

• Disliked — poor hygiene, poor response at the front desk.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank lmdallas
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as part of a large group of out of town guests attending a wedding in college station. I was a little apprehensive about making reservations, as I am usually more of a Marriott or Westin person. I was pleasantly suprised when we arrived and enjoyed our entire stay.

There were obvious signs of wear and tear in the property, including terribly stained carpet in the rooms and hallways, as well as scuff marks on the walls. However, the rooms were nicely appointed with soft bed linens, very comfortable beds, marble countertops, and a tiled shower. The water pressure was great and the room also had a mini fridge and a coffee maker.

The hotel serves breakfast in the morning, which included the usual breakfast items (toast, bagels, muffins, eggs, yogurt, waffles) which were running a bit low for the late risers - around 9:30- but still great, especially when serving such a large morning crowd.

The pool and spa were small, but nice. We didn't get to use due to not having the time.

Check out was smooth and we had no complaints. Good choice with a great location in College Station.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Abilene, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2007

We stayed here for a quick overnight. I was disappointed based on the earlier reviews. The carpet in our room (104) was disgusting. There were obvious "trails" in the carpet as well as big black spots. The walls had huge scuffs and other random black marks. The closet was devoid of hangers and the bathroom toilet paper holder was missing the cross bar that holds the paper in the holder, therefore the toilet paper just sat on a shelf.
In addition, you could hear whole conversations coming from rooms as you walked down the hall. I was awakened in the middle of the night by talking and heavy footsteps from the room above me.
I can tell that this property was nice when it opened; granite counters, etc. but it is really showing some wear. What saved our stay was the breakfast. Although the eggs were the frozen egg patties, it was nice to have the obligatory fresh waffle maker.
In sum, I will stay in another hotel in College Station the next time I am there.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank am12pm
austin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2007

This place had good reviews, but stay with caution. We were greeting by hallways that really smelled bad, pet urine?? The stench was overwhelming!! Even our children were holding their breath! Our room was run down, carpet significantly worn and not very clean, countertops comming off the wall. We booked this hotel because we were staying with our children and it is much easier to have a few meals in the hotel, ranther than having to go to a restaurant 3X/day. There was a kitchen, but absolutely no basic utensils (ie: plates, cups, spoons, etc). Overall, not a good experience :(

• Disliked — Run down and smelled!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business