“Very good hotel with caring staff”

Hilton College Station & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Kitchener
“Very good hotel with caring staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is probably the largest hotel in College Station and we stayed there 3 nights for a family wedding. The staff was without exception very helpful. We were upgraded to a junior suite (corner room with queen-size pullout) that made our stay very enjoyable. The only disappointment is that the hot tub wasn't working and the pool is an outdoor pool only -- which is not very usable when the temperature drops near freezing. The hotel is very close to the local mall and restaurants.

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honours and use the upgrade feature. It is often a very cost-effective way to get a much...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
college stations, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Clean Room, quiet. You know that it was a good hotel when you don't notice anything, Like that full glass of water at your table that you can't even recall the waiter filling. Nice hotel met my expectations

Ausitn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stay at the Hilton about 20 night s a year and it consistently does a great job. The staff treats me better than family and is always available to meet my requests. Over the years, the hotel has kept up with the times and added amenities and upgrades.

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Very Friendly staff, very clean rooms, I would recommend to everyone to stay here. Not a nicer place to stay in College Station and Bryan Texas. Close to A&M, easy in and out on checking in and out, also parking and leaving is easy, no driving out of the way just to leave the parking lot. The restaraunt, is of great quality of food. I have never tried the buffet, just because I prefer my food, cooked to order, I have never gotton a bad meal in all the years I have been going.

The Woodlands, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

First of all, I booked late for Parents Weekend at Texas A&M & this was one of the only hotels available. (Yes, my fault.) They wanted $500 a night for the room that usually runs between $99 -$200 a night. Luckily, I had Hilton Honors points & used 50,000 points for 1 night.

When I checked-in that afternoon I arrived about noon & my room was ready. When I walked into room 318 it was freezing & the a/c was running full blast. In a hurry, I turned the a/c up, dropped my bags & headed out off to the football game!

After a full day with my 18 year old daughter & her friends, she & I came back to the hotel completely exhausted. When we walked in the room was warm & reeked of animal urine! IT WAS DISGUSTING!! I called down to the front desk & they sent housekeeping to our room. Even the housekeeping ladies said they couldn't do anything about the smell. I called back down to the desk & they agreed to change our room. We were moved to the 7th floor & a much better smelling room. The girls at the front desk were really sweet & came up to help us move our stuff to the other room.

After all the drama, we finally settled in about 10pm to watch some tv. Only about half the channels on the tv worked, so again I picked up the phone to call the front desk…guess what, the telephone didn't work!!! I unplugged it & re-plugged it back in, tried all the buttons & nothing happened. After this, I just decided that we should just make the most of the roof over our heads & call it a night!

The next morning I woke & showered for the days events. At 9:19am someone, maybe housekeeping, knocked on the door & proceeded to use a key to enter my room before I could answer! I was wrapped only in a towel & my daughter was still asleep in bed! That was the final straw! We double locked the door & hurried to get ready. Remember, I couldn't call down to the front desk to report the incident because the telephone in the room didn't work.

I'm not usually a complainer, but this was just bad from the get-go! Remember, they wanted $500 a night for this hotel! Ugh!

Room Tip: Avoid room 318, smells of pet urine!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for leaving a review of you recent stay with us at our property. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience. We always try to do everything that we can to increase guest satisfaction, and I'm sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and I have passed them along to our staff in an effort to ensure that your issues are rectified for future guests. We thank you again for your feedback and hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again.
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Nice hotel for the price, but I wouldn't stay at this particular location as they have an infestation of bed bugs. I was bitten no less than 30 times and am still suffering from ugly scars left by them. When I finally discovered what these bites were from (I thought they were mosquito bites), it was the last night of my stay and there was no point in infecting other rooms (as they would have just moved me to another place). When told upon check out of the situation, I felt the front desk assistance just dismissed me as if my concerns for the infestation were invalid. I felt disrespected. I haven't even gotten bed bugs in HOSTELS. Other than this, everything else was average.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We do work with a professional pest elimination company to make sure these types of issues are addressed immediately. We did have your room inspected by our company and happily, there were no bugs found. We hope you'll come visit us again the next time you're in town.
College Station, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

All services good. Nice location with access to a wide variety of restaurants. Shuttle services to college everyday is an added bonus. Good food, bar and they keep it super clean. Has a huge parking space. The complementary internet access is awesome. They even have a super nice banquet hall.