Hilton College Station & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Aloft College Station(College Station)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsroom servicefull service hotelcorner roomhotel restaurantbreakfast buffetin townshuttle servicebed was comfortablebusiness tripparking lottexasreunioncampusaggieschoolconveniencegame
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed in the Hilton in College Station in March, 2014. I had made the reservation well in advance. When we arrived, our reservation was not able to be honored as we booked it. The registration clerk seemed uncomfortable and unsure of how to check us in. She just gave us a room key and swiped our credit card. When we got to our room, we found it to be a smallish room with two double beds. We called the registration desk to ask for a different room. The same clerk said " I don't understand what's wrong with the room. I upgraded you to a room by the pool with a lanai." My husband told her that we had requested a room with a king bed and really didn't care about the lanai. Plus, a room with two double beds didn't seem to us to be an upgrade at all. We trekked back to the registration desk to talk to the same flustered clerk. She was even more curt when she gave us the keys to a different room. We went to the next room and discovered that we had been placed in what must be a hospitality room with a murphy bed and a conference table in the middle of it. It was the weirdest room ever. The murphy bed was uncomfortable and too low to the floor.

We called the desk and spoke to the clerk again. It was then and only then that she told us that they had given out all of the other rooms in the hotel with a king bed so this weird room was all that we could have. It was this or nothing. So we stayed in the weird room. We had walked all over that hotel dragging our luggage from one room to another and just gave up.

I later stopped at the desk to ask why there was a floor below ours that had a plaque on the wall that said Hilton Honors Floor. The desk manager told me "That's where we put our Hilton Honors members when they stay with us." I Told him that seemed odd- We are Hilton Honors Diamond members and weren't placed on that floor but instead in the weird conference room. He just looked confused and said he was unsure of why we were placed in that room.

All of this could have been avoided if the reservation clerk had communicated with us at check-in. She should have told us that our reservation for a king bed room was unavailable and let us know what our options were. The staff at the desk that night was less than well trained to be sure.

After a night of poor sleep, The next morning, we had a nice breakfast and gladly left the hotel. My family travels to College Station twice a year for an event and I will not stay at this Hilton Again. I am sure there are some nice rooms there, but this experience did it for me. We have stayed at the Homewood Suites across the street several times and have no complaints. We'll stay there from now on.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hilton property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The reunion arrangements were excellent, food really good, but the hotel needs a rehab. The staff was very helpful. The location is perfect for events at Texas A&M and it provides perfect facilities for many campus activities. This experience makes the events run very smoothly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed at this Hilton two times for our anniversary. Both stays were very nice. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful. We will be returning for our anniversary next year. We really enjoy the great location of this hotel. We look forward to our stay every year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel is older, but very well maintained and the looks newly renovated. We had no issues and the hotel is located near the A&M campus. The only negative comment I can make is that there doesn't seem to be enough parking. They host special groups often at night and the parking lot filled to capacity twice during my stay, forcing me to park elsewhere. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014

There were noisy animals in the adjacent room, at least an hour passed before the staff rectified the noise situation. We stayed on the 6th floor and when we got up for breakfast the elevator did not work, requiring the use of stairs .When reported , the front desk responded with a mere "ok". a premium price for a less than premium experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family