“Bad Night's Sleep”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in College Station
Grand Prairie, United States
“Bad Night's Sleep”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

When you request a room, make sure to request a room away from the ice machine. The walls and doors are thin. Each time someone would get some ice, it woke me up. 2 hotel guests came back to their rooms at 1:00 in the morning, and their loud talking also woke me up (again, thin walls). There was also only one half roll of toilet paper in my room. Glad I didn't need any more than that. Overall impression is average at best. The furnishings were average and the air conditioning unit was from the 70s. Disappointed in Hilton on this one.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Pam C
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your review and for your feedback. Hearing directly from guests is important as it tells us what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I hope you will accept my most humble apology for the issues and frustrations you experienced. I will promptly take the steps necessary to correct the problems you have brought to my attention. I am confident that if you return to our hotel, you would have a much improved experience. If I can be of assistance in booking a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks again.

James Franks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I chose this hotel because I got a special rate for a seminar which I was attending at the Texas A&M University nearby. Staff at the front desk was friendly, check-in was efficient, and as an HHonors Gold member, I got an upgrade to a Junior Suite, free wi-fi and free continental breakfast for my five-night stay.

The room was spacious with a seating area and a very comfortable king-sized bed. Despite some reviews complaining it was dirty, I thought my room was extremely clean and well-maintained despite its age. The only problem I had during my stay that was closely-related to age was that the elevators broke down one morning and I had to use the stairs down many flight of stairs to breakfast. Bathroom amenities were basic (shower gel, shampoo, lotion but no toothbrush set) and there was a coffee maker which was useful especially when you were jet lagged.

Brought a car with me from Houston and parking was plenty and free of charge. Had the breakfast downstairs as part of the HHonors program and had the option to add a couple of dollars (can't remember but something like $4-5 i think...) to get the hot option. The breakfast was all-you-can-eat but the options were basic (yoghurt, toast, eggs, juices etc).

This is truly a perfect hotel for those who are here for work and rarely in the room. Good value, nothing fancy, friendly staff and edible breakfast. Would return to this hotel should my travels bring me here.

Room Tip: It seems that this hotel is used for visiting sporting teams playing against or at Texas A&M. It...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Publius28
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Worked very well with a large group of TAAF games workers. Not to mention all the athletes and families that stayed there. A great host for special events - Boxing competition. Hilton in College Station is a regular host for sporting events.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This place is a tired hotel in need of a good cleaning at least and an update at best. Check in was a bit backed up and the desk clerk was harried and not friendly. No bath towels in the room and it took calling three times and over an hour to get one. Breakfast was delivered by room service with no condiments and the stainless covers over the plates were dirty. Yuck.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Rhonda G
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry we did not provide you with outstanding quality service during your recent stay. We will use your comments as a training tool to improve our service. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

James Franks
Groesbeck, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

During the registration process, Larry was extremely helpful in obtaining the desired rate for a particular seminar at Texas A&M. When I arrived in person to the hotel, Larry greeted me and assisted in unloading the car, delivering items to a silent auction on the premises, and made certain accommodations were perfect. Larry was like an ambassador for the Hilton College Station facility. Please see that he is recognized for these qualities. -Hanna West, 191 LCR 401 Groesbeck, TX.

Room Tip: Call Larry Vire.
1 Thank Hanna W
Alexandria, LA
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for a conference. We were shuttled back and forth between the Hilton and Texas A&M University. In between shuttle buses, we called the hotel and they gladly sent the Hilton Shuttle van to come and get us. We were lucky and got a wonderful valet named Tucker who not only carted us back and forth between the university and the hotel, but also brought us to the restaurant and picked us up again. He was knowledgeable about the area, very nice and very courteous. He joked with us and made sure we all had a really good time. Any time we would walk in the lobby, he would ask if there was anything we needed. Mark my words, this young man is going places!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brenda A
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. My only suggestion though would be to ask for a cabana room! My favorite part of my stay would have to be Tucker who shuttled me and my friends wherever we needed to go. And the angel got me coffee at 11pm from the closed down kitchen. Thanks Tucker! He made my stay more enjoyable even though this LSU fan had to look at maroon aggies stuff everywhere. :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business