“Elite Floor”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in College Station
Marble Falls, United States
“Elite Floor”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

As a Hilton Honors program member we were eligible for the "Elite Floor" rooms. What a good choice. Lots of room, two vanities in the bathroom, and quiet. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating...but what else would you expect from AGGIES! The trip was exhausting, but the Hilton experience made it worth the effort.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Ft Worth, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

In CSTAT to move my daughter in to her gigs for the semester. Great location, very clean and friendly. Lots of good food nearby.

The beds are a little old. We could still feel the springs.

Overall a nice stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
downey, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

No issues and great services. If I return to College Station I will be looking to book at this Hilton. Excellent staff in answering my questions. Room and bathroom very clean. Room service food was great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent our annivesary going to College Station to pick up our cheerleader. Staff person Jenny H. made the stay so much better by helping attend to small details and understanding our situation and helping us celebrate our anniversary. From choosing a great room, to small gifts, excellent recommendations on dinner and just comfortable conversation she made our stay better. Thanks Jenny!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CD W
Grand Prairie, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

When you request a room, make sure to request a room away from the ice machine. The walls and doors are thin. Each time someone would get some ice, it woke me up. 2 hotel guests came back to their rooms at 1:00 in the morning, and their loud talking also woke me up (again, thin walls). There was also only one half roll of toilet paper in my room. Glad I didn't need any more than that. Overall impression is average at best. The furnishings were average and the air conditioning unit was from the 70s. Disappointed in Hilton on this one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Pam C
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your review and for your feedback. Hearing directly from guests is important as it tells us what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I hope you will accept my most humble apology for the issues and frustrations you experienced. I will promptly take the steps necessary to correct the problems you have brought to my attention. I am confident that if you return to our hotel, you would have a much improved experience. If I can be of assistance in booking a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks again.

James Franks
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I chose this hotel because I got a special rate for a seminar which I was attending at the Texas A&M University nearby. Staff at the front desk was friendly, check-in was efficient, and as an HHonors Gold member, I got an upgrade to a Junior Suite, free wi-fi and free continental breakfast for my five-night stay.

The room was spacious with a seating area and a very comfortable king-sized bed. Despite some reviews complaining it was dirty, I thought my room was extremely clean and well-maintained despite its age. The only problem I had during my stay that was closely-related to age was that the elevators broke down one morning and I had to use the stairs down many flight of stairs to breakfast. Bathroom amenities were basic (shower gel, shampoo, lotion but no toothbrush set) and there was a coffee maker which was useful especially when you were jet lagged.

Brought a car with me from Houston and parking was plenty and free of charge. Had the breakfast downstairs as part of the HHonors program and had the option to add a couple of dollars (can't remember but something like $4-5 i think...) to get the hot option. The breakfast was all-you-can-eat but the options were basic (yoghurt, toast, eggs, juices etc).

This is truly a perfect hotel for those who are here for work and rarely in the room. Good value, nothing fancy, friendly staff and edible breakfast. Would return to this hotel should my travels bring me here.

Room Tip: It seems that this hotel is used for visiting sporting teams playing against or at Texas A&M. It...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Publius28
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Worked very well with a large group of TAAF games workers. Not to mention all the athletes and families that stayed there. A great host for special events - Boxing competition. Hilton in College Station is a regular host for sporting events.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business