“Very Nice and Hospitable”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in College Station
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very Nice and Hospitable”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed here in October 2012 for two nights for the LSU aTm game. I had their breakfast and it was good! I also left my black LSU jacket in the closet by accident. The desk clerk was so nice to mail it back to me with a aTm button on the inside. I was very happy he did that. I will be back and thank you to your wonderful staff who mailed me my jacket!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Booked through a 3rd party site. Said they didn't have my reservation. Found it later booked 16 days later than my confirmation. Room stank of mold and both of us were sick by morning from it. Bed was hard as a rock. There were used tissues in the bath trash can - don't want to even think about why. The washcloth was also damp and used but had been put back on the towel rack like it was clean and fresh. Husband woke feeling like bugs were crawling all over him - we didn't check for bed bugs though as I may have tossed my cookies if we have found them. We checked out at 5:30am after an almost sleepless night and checked into a much better hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Liberty, TX
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The general appearance of the room was ok: TV set very old. Wifi adequate. A/C good. The room did not show any bad or tobacco smell. The bed though was too basic. I took away the bed cover every night and turned the blanket because it looked like an old cloth.
So, if you are by yourself on a business trip and kind of low budget, you can stay here. But I do not recommend it if you are traveling with family.
The breakfast was not good. Period.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Carthage, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We needed a room for three nights on a busy weekend in College Station. The lobby smelled like Fabuloso cleaner. The area behind the front desk was a mess of boxes. The plant in the lobby was duct-taped to the wall. The manager was not friendly. (The night desk clerk was much nicer.) The rooms open to the parking lot. Our room was clean, the AC and wireless internet worked well. The pool is on the back side of the hotel, near the street. When I went to find it, two street people were crouched on the back stairway and they asked to use my ATM card. I reported it, but it was worrisome and we did not venture back to that side of the hotel the rest of our stay. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast. This hotel's location and the fairly large trees (for Central Texas) would make a nice retro-style upscale venue if someone would invest the money. I'm really surprised that the Wyndham chain is affiliated with this property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are probably quieter than the one we had, which faced the parkin...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
La Pryor
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I arrived in mid afternoon and it took less than 5 minutes to check in and get to my room. The room was very clean the front desk was very helpful and efficient. The location is great just across the street from Texas A&M University. No problem with parking, well lit and a comfortable bed and pillows. I enjoyed my stay very much and for the price I must say it was a real bargin.

Room Tip: Need a good room with good accress to the University at a bargin price stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Humble, Texas, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed here on 05/26/2013 thru 05/31/2013, I must say the Internet, A/C Was great! However, the gnats were in full Affect, It was also smelly..I wouldn't eat in the room...the breakfast was horrible..this place is a dump....Not at all worth the money....WOULDN'T RECOMMEND!!!

Room Tip: Country Inns & Suites or Homewood Suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed here despite the reviews, and I have to say I don't know what they're talking about. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was helpful when I needed their help, I didn't have any problems. The breakfast isn't particularly good, but it's perfectly adequate. I looked for the smell that several reviews mention, but couldn't find it. The room had a safe, a microwave, fridge, cable TV, a desk, and wifi. Maybe I'm too basic, but that's more than I needed to have a good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bryan College Station
Days Inn College Station University Drive
Days Inn College Station Univers...
#30 of 35 in College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
#14 of 35 in College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College S...
#4 of 35 in College Station
Residence Inn Bryan College Station
Residence Inn Bryan College Stat...
#12 of 35 in College Station
EZ Travel Inn
EZ Travel Inn
#26 of 35 in College Station

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!