“A great hotel for the price”

Hampton Inn College Station
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I would recommend the Hampton-College Station to anyone who wants a great room at a fair price. The hotel is accessible to dining and other amenities and is fairly easy to get to and from. The staff is helpful and friendly, and the breakfast is excellent. Checkout time of noon is more than generous.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The odor entering the elevator lobby was so bad I called my office immediately to report. There was no point in reporting to the front desk...it was obvious enough. The stench extended about half way down the hallway which explains why my room was at the extreme opposite end on the building from the hotel. I was shocked that there was not at least a sign or acknowledgement/reason of some kind posted. The only reason I stayed was because once I made it to my room I could no longer smell it. By the 3rd day I think I figured out what it was....burned hydraulic fluid from a crippled elevator in drastic need of repair.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

There is a lot of construction in process around this hotel. I was warned before arriving that there may be a lot of noise and dust. I saw and heard none of this. This is a very nice hotel located conveniently in the area that I was working.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Staff was very helpful, courteous, and friendly! Room was clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was good and filling with nice variety. Rooms are a little dated, but not terribly so. A major construction project is currently occurring around the hotel, but the noise was not overly disruptive. Probably a Very Good value if you don't stay on the day(s) leading up to a major A&M University event (football game, ring ceremony, graduation, etc.).

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stay at Hampton Inn several times a year in various states and, up until this one, have always found them to be a good value. First, the staff at the front desk were wonderful! They were friendly and a pleasure to talk to. Unfortunately, after speaking with them I had to go to my room. The first night I arrived there was a strong smell....like Fabreze. The carpeting was quite disgusting, so much so that I always wore shoes in the room. By my second night I found the reason for the odor masking spray..the room smelled of urine. I found trash under my bed,(I dropped my pen and was looking for it), empty cookie wrappers and other assorted scraps. There were long dark hairs in my bath tub as well. It was not a comfortable experience. I left a night early and went to Houston. Also, there is a massive construction job in the lot next door. I would avoid this hotel until after the construction and, if they want guests when there are so many other choices for hotels nearby, they need to replace carpeting and lower their prices. Just my opinion.

1  Thank radams2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

In short, I have never had as good a treatment as I had last weekend at the Hampton Inn College Station. The room was clean, and linens in good order. Shower was good and hot. Flat panel TV worked fine. Air conditioning very effective. Breakfast was wonderful. The building is well-maintained.

The hotel is surrounded by new construction. While I was there, they were working on it even on weekends. The noise wasn't that bad, but if any noise at all bothers you, ask for a room on the side of the property furthest away from the construction.

This is the FIRST hotel I've stayed at where the desk called about 30 minutes after I got settled and asked me if I had any concerns with the room?

What impressed me the most was on check-out day. Packed up and checked out and went to visit a friend in Bryan. While we were eating breakfast they called my cell phone and asked me if I might have left a pair of jeans in the room. Yes, I did. I also remembered that I had left a 20 oz. Diet Coke in the fridge. Shelly, the lady who called said they would look for it.

I got back to the hotel an hour later. My jeans were wrapped in plastic. Shelly took a buck and a half out of the hotel cash register and purchased another Diet Coke for me. No one has ever offered to do that before!

Next trip to College Station, we're staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel furthest away from the construction next door.