“Good place to stay”

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Weston, Wisconsin
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was awhile ago that I stayed here, forgot to write this though so I'm doing it now, better late than never. I was staying here for a course so the room was paid for. It was very comfortable and relaxing for the week. Close to snipping opportunities and many places to eat. The bar at the hotel was quite pricy and limited but the staff were all great and the shuttle was nice. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dylan O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The overall hotel is nice, not as nice as other Four Points. One issue is this facility will up charge all their rooms for any events taking place within College Station which is plain wrong. To stay on a normal day the rate is comparative to other Four Points, but should there be an event in College Station the rate goes up to $350 plus a night. The resturant food was good, but they need to ensure they staff up as the site only had 1 person covering the bar and floor at dinner time each of the 4x I have stayed. The resturant staff member was nice and positive but would have been better to have had a bar tender and 2 waitstaff members.
If the site would like better reviews- cease with the price gouging and hire more staff to cover the resturant

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JgTexas
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. The reason we chose to stay again was because the first experience was so wonderful. I wish I could say the same for the second time around, that was not the case from the moment we arrived. We were never greeted at the front door, had to interrupt the people at the front desk to ask to check in. (Clearly holding suitcases and pillows in my arms.) The staff in the restaurant and bar were extremely rude! They weren't even dressed professionally! The bar closed at 11pm on Saturday evening! It was extremely disappointing!! We will not stay there again due to all the disappointing customer service and horrible attitudes of the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear mtzclan, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I certainly can empathize with the frustrations that you outlined in your review, and I truly want to apologize for any inconveniences you faced. I have passed this review along to our management team, and I encourage you to reach out to the General Manager, Robert Aguirre (robert.aguirre@fourpointscollegestation.com) who would be more than happy to discuss the matters further and rectify the situation in any way that he can. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback.
Center
Reviewed 13 May 2014

To begin with, the reservation desk could never get reservation correct. I was booking two rooms for different nights under different names. I never received a confirmation code that was supposed to be emailed to me. I called back a couple of days later to check on reservation, and not to my surprise, it was incorrect. They said they changed it and yet again, i received no confirmation code. The third call, i demanded a confirmation code on the phone and cleared up the room discrepancies. This hotel is very old, outdated and the thin strip of carpet in halls was wet as it was raining and the smell of mold was evident. They had floor fans trying to dry rugs. Yuk. We did not eat in dining area. Furniture was outdated. I will not return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Centerfarmwife
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Centerfarmwife, We are truly sorry about the misunderstandings that occurred when you booked your reservation with our hotel and apologize that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. I will pass these concerns to the management team. We appreciate your feedback.
Farmington, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed for Final Review of Corps of Cadets. Kudos to staff who pay attention to details(gave connecting rooms) and when having a delicious dinner in cafe/restaurant yielding leftovers we asked if possible to get a refrigerator in room. It was delivered to room before we had finished our meal. Rooms were fresh and clean, the soap dispensers in showers worked well, and towels. And coffeemaker were restocked when asked at front desk,even though we had participated in no housekeeping option (make a grren choice). Will defintely return here. Location close to many great. Restaurants and shopping. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
We're so happy you chose to stay at Four Points by Sheraton College Station and had a nice stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We'd love to welcome you back!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 April 2014

At the time we arrived in College Station, there were few rooms available anywhere. Fortunately for us, we found Four Points. From the night of our first stay to the end of our last week here, we have felt like we were home! The rooms are modern and clean. The beds are very comfortable and the breakfast...the breakfast is outstanding, hot and ready every morning at 6am! I utilized the fitness center and pool several times during my stay...very nice amenities. The hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants and shops. There is a laundromat within walking distance as well....and you don't need a pocket full of quarters to use the machines!

Every staff member greeted us, by name, each time we entered and left the hotel lobby. I could always count on Tom at 6:15 each morning to greet me with "Good Morning" and "Have a nice day" as I left. Brittany's smile will brighten anyone's day and she is just waiting for an opportunity to help. Cabe was also very pleasant and helpful with anything from the bathroom sink, to suggesting a "local restaurant favorite". Taffy and Jennifer usually finished out the day at the front desk by making sure I sampled one of the yummy chocolate chip cookies available as a sweet treat for the guests. The cleaning crew, no matter how tired they must've been, always smiled and greeted me. I even had the shuttle driver deliver towels to my room one evening! Needless to say, every staff member wears whatever hat is necessary to get the job done. They definitely have the personal touch that makes all the difference to their customers!

Kathy Cordes, the manager of Four Points, obviously hires with one thing in mind - customer service - because her staff has mastered the art of making guests feel like they're family. Kathy knew we needed a room for an extended stay and she did everything in her power to accommodate us, despite the fact that we were in town during one of the busiest weeks of the year for College Station. We owe her a big THANKS for finding room for us and making our stay as enjoyable as it could possibly be.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to College Station. If you want management and staff to treat you with the highest level of customer service, who does those extra little things that make a big difference, and you want a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay right in the heart of College Station, then choose the Four Points Sheraton. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Wow! Thank you for such a kind review. We're glad you were able to get to know our staff members during your stay and that you had such a positive experience our hotel. We hope we can welcome you back soon. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - we greatly appreciate the positive feedback!
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms were nice and clean, the service was great, and the bar in the lobby was fantastic. Probably the best compliment I can give a hotel in a college town, it was very quiet. You could've convinced me I was the only one staying on the third floor.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingLT
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Station
Vineyard Court Designer Suites Hotel
Vineyard Court Designer Suites H...
#17 of 36 in College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
#14 of 36 in College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College S...
#2 of 36 in College Station
Aloft College Station
Aloft College Station
#15 of 36 in College Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bryan College Station
Residence Inn Bryan College Station
Residence Inn Bryan College Stat...
#11 of 36 in College Station

Been to Four Points by Sheraton College Station? Share your experiences!