“GREAT place!”

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 29 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My family and I arrived at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Columbus after several long hours on the road. We were looking forward to spending some time relaxing in the hot tub and pool. Unfortunately, after we had already checked in to the property, we discovered that the hot tub was out of order and the indoor pool was ice cold. There was a flier on the desk requesting that guests call the front desk if they were unable to rate the hotel a 10 out of 10 so I picked up the desk phone and called. I expressed our disappointment in the hot tub closure and cold pool only to be told by the young woman at the desk that it wouldn't be repaired because "no one uses them anyway." I was speechless. Hot tubs and swimming pools are extremely important to my family and I and we always look forward to relaxing in the water at the end of a long travel day. The room itself, although a bit dark, was fine and I would like to make this property a regular stop on our trips to and from the southernmost tip of Texas, but this is a deal breaker and we'll be looking for another property for our frequent Texas trips.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gonzomoon
Ellen L, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I do apologize about the hot tub and the pool. Unfortunately the heater had gone out. We are working on it diligently to get this issue resolved. I realize it is an inconvenience to guests to have the pool cold and the hot tub out of service.

I am speechless as well to find out one of my staff told you it would not be repaired because no one uses them anyway. That is completely unacceptable and I will be finding out who made that remark as there is no reason why any staff should make this remark as our pool and hot tub gets used quite frequently.

Please contact me personally as I would like to speak with you more re: your stay and future stays. Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay and the remark that was made.

Ellen L. General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
La Grange, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was very surprised about the great service. I will stay there every time I stay in Columbus. It was clean and quiet. The only thing I couldn't get the soda machine to take my money. It was very easy to go on line and make my reservations.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay with us at La Quinta Inn and Suites of Columbus, Texas. It's always enjoyable to read and hear about our guest's having a pleasurable stay. We are happy to hear that your family enjoyed themselves on their trip to Columbus Texas.

I apologize that the soda machine was not working properly, we are having that fixed this week. Hopefully the staff let you know there was another soda machine on the 3rd floor.

We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in town.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 23 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The hotel stay was very pleasant. The staff was nice and the rooms were quiet. The location was convenient and in close proximity of where we were. While I made the reservation, I asked to have a receipt emailed to me for billing purposes and for my records and I did not get it. I had to call back and get one sent to me, not a big deal but it could have saved me from having to ask for it a second time. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I do apologize that you had to call back a second time to get the receipt emailed to you. That is a rare occurrence. I am pleased to hear that other than the receipt, you found our hotel to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Columbus, Texas.

Willis, Texas, USA
Reviewed 9 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had a long business trip and could not find a room in Austin due to a UT football game so I went back to Houston. I was tired of driving and stopped at the Columbus, TX La Quinta to stay as a half way point. The place seem very new to me. The room was one of the first with with the white color scheme and everything seems new. This is the best looking room in a La Quinta I have scene. A McDonalds is just next door from the parking lot so that was convenient to get a bite to eat. The room was next to I-10 so it was easy to get back on the road.

Room Tip: If you are looking a break on I-10, this is a good spot to stop.