“A nice "road trip" stop”

Schobels' Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“A nice "road trip" stop”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Very clean, good and at fair price food. If you are driving on I 10 it is worth a detour.
We had a burger and Reuben sandwich. Both well done.
The salad bar is fresh and easy to access to.
Service is friendly and down to earth. Typical in Texas.

• Visited July 2013

Geronimo, Texas
“Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Good Breakfast Buffet. They had scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, ham, biscuits and gravy. You can also order off the menu.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kathy G
Houston, Texas
“Good down home cooking”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

If you're looking for a place that has good down home cooking, then this is the place. My wife and I went the Friday before Memorial Day while traveling. We wanted someplace relatively quick but also wanted a "sit down meal" vs. a carry out. The place was quite busy but we were seated quickly. They had a buffet and I was half expecting a cafeteria type restaurant of which I am NOT a fan. We had the buffet. The vegetables were good - especially the green beans. I'm not one to comment positively on salad, but this was a very good salad - surprising to me at a buffet. My wive had the roasted chicken that was good and tender and NOT overcooked. I had the brisket and sausage. Now I have high expectations for brisket and this is definitely not the place you'll go for world class BBQ, but none the less the brisket had a good flavor as did the sausage. I was not disappointed especially for an all you can eat buffet, but WAY less then you would spend at the world class BBQ place. Service was quick and courteous. If heading down I10 between San Antonio and Houston and need a good place to eat along the way - I consider this a good choice.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank J W M
Houston
“Great food and great service.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I stopped here for dinner. Huge portions. Food was good. Would definitely eat here again. A friend recommended I stop - they were right!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HoustonTexasDad
Green Valley, Arizona
“Loved the Buttermilk Pie”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was my first time visiting and seeing that most guests were trying the lunch buffet I decided to do the same. I thought the salad bar was good-it had the largest slab of cheese I have ever seen on a buffet. Entrees were beef over rice, fried catfish and fried chicken. I would have preferred less fried food. Vegetable selection was great-fresh aparagus, sweet potato,and the usual corn, beans, etc. It was the buttermilk pie that stood out for me-creamy and just the right amount of sweetness in a delicious crust. Service was lacking. I had to track down someone just to bring me a glass of water and some lemon. Dirty dishes were not cleared and it was a long wait for ithe bill an another wait for my credit card to be taken. The buttermilk pie was worth the trip though..

• Visited April 2013