“Better than our previous visit!”
Review of The Terrace Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My ladies' lunch group tried the Terrace Grill again. Last time we were very disappointed in the changes to the sweet potato fries They were drizzled with a sweet sauce that none of us liked. This time we asked to have a horseradish sauce substituted on the side. Much better in our opinion. I had the Axis burger with my Sweet Potato fries and was pleased. Several had their favorite dessert, Raspberry Beer Floats. They were very happy! i had a chocolate pecan pie that was not very memorable. I had 2 glasses of red wine, just ordinary. It seemed to me a poor value for a $50 lunch. Last time I was surprised at how little I got for the cost. Please see my previous review. I still think the Grill is overpriced for what you get. We did enjoy our experience, and the ladies will probably want to go again sometime.

All seating is on a covered Terrace outside. They have fans to move the air, so it was shady and reasonably comfortable.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My wife and I have eaten here before approx. 6 months ago and it was great, so we decided to return. We ordered from the lunch menu and I have the Axis venison burger which I thought had a great flavor along with sweet potato fries. My wife had the muffeletta that comes with black forest ham, salami, provolone cheese, arugula & red onion. She enjoyed the sandwich, although, she thought that it had too large of a bun size for the sandwich. I agreed that the buns were rather large for sandwich size. I gave this place an "excellent" rating being that we had been there before and have had their dinners and they are nice. I will add that it is a great place to dine due in part that you sit outside and the surroundings are nice. Oh, and last but not least their "chocolate pecan pie is fantastic..It's a must if you like pecan pie.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We've eaten here several times. The setting is beautiful and romantic, although it's odd to me that they didn't leverage the amazing view when choosing where to put the restaurant. The food is generally competent but not brilliant; however, our last meal here was ruined by the nastiest, most muttony lamb chops I've ever tasted--stupidly, I didn't send them back immediately, and ended up paying for them even after letting our very inexperienced server know about the problem. My friend got the mixed grill, which also included a lamb chop, and it was just as bad. 814 or the Plaid Goat are better choices in Comfort.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Our group of ladies, who lunch together once a month, has been waiting all summer to come to the Terrace Grill when the weather was not so hot. We finally could not wait any longer. Our lunch experience was a mixed bag. We had fun, because we enjoy each other’s company, but the lunch experience could have been better.

It started with the waitress getting my friend’s wine order wrong.

Then, there were the sweet potato fries which had been changed. They have always been a big attraction for us, and one of the reasons we came for lunch. Our group was very disappointed in the sticky sweet/spicy change on the fries. I doubt that the fries will be ordered again by our group as long as the change remains. At least, an option should be offered. They were much better, in our opinion, without the honey chipotle crud. One of our group could not eat hers because the amount of chipotle made them too spicy. She gave her portion to another lady to take home. She expected the honey chipotle to be served on the side. She loved them before, when they came with a side dip, and one could have as much or as little of the sauce as preferred. The waitress tried to help by bringing a small bit of what looked like mayo with a hint of horseradish which made the fried sweet potatoes more palatable.

One lady liked her starter salad very much. Another liked her crab sandwich. Those with the French Dip said it was fine. I had the Greek salad with shrimp. I was shocked to have only 4 medium shrimp added to the salad for the additional $5.95, when the salad was already $8.25. That is not a good value. Other places I go for lunch, I get 6-8 shrimp that size for that price. I will not make that mistake again at Riven Rock, if we come back. I usually want a low carb meal and Riven Rock does not have many alternatives.

Some of our group had dessert. The desserts were another reason we came. The Raspberry Beer float (?) looked great and the ladies said it was yummy. One had the sundae with whiskey, coffee and chocolate(?) and left none in the parfait glass. At least the desserts did not disappoint!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

This is a higher end place usually reserved for special occasions. They have unique seasonal dishes based on availability. Be aware that all the seating is outdoors, but it is protected from the sun by a shade, but they have fans and misters, so even though it was 95 degrees out, the place was fairly comfortable. I had the wild boar and my wife had the shrimp. Both were excellently prepared. Unique salads and vegetable side dishes as well. Nice selection of local wines. A great place for a special occasion.