“Yummy and Great Outdoor Seating”
Review of Comfort Pizza

Comfort Pizza
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Comfort
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Hand Tossed Wood Fired Sour Dough Pizza, Craft & Imported Beer, Wines by the Bottle/Glass, Salads, Espresso drinks, Cold Brew Coffee, Imported Italian Gelato & Blue Bell Ice Cream. Comfort Pizza is located in a renovated 1920's Gas Station with cool retro outdoor dining under large red umbrellas surrounded by planters full of red roses and string lights. Location is in the center of Comfort's historic district with shops/boutiques housed in buildings dating back to the mid 1800's. Comfort Pizza rents retro bikes for touring the historic district for 8.00 for the entire day & Comfort Pizza is only a few blocks from the confluence of the Guadalupe River and Cypress Creek. Reservations for dough are accepted in advance and are highly recommended on busy evenings and weekends (please call pizzeria during normal business hours to reserve dough in advance)
Hurst, Texas
“Yummy and Great Outdoor Seating”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Got there late and were the only customers. They took great care of us. Pizza was yummy. Love the brightly colored tables and chairs. Fun outdoor atmosphere. Good stuff but a little pricey.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We ate at Comfort Pizza for one meal, and enjoyed it. What attracted us were the old bikes out front! Cute idea!!! (They rent them!!!) The pizzas are very good, with fresh ingredients...in an "Old Country" oven...with wood! The guys running it were very nice.

2 Thank Vanessa W
Temple, Texas
“Delicious”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Handmade dough, fresh daily and baked in a brick oven. Excellent pizza. Restaurant has outdoor seating only but tables have umbrellas and cool mist which makes for a very enjoyable experience.

3 Thank Talma B
Bay City, Texas
“Good Pizza and Location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a California style pizza place in the small historic town of Comfort. Was not sure if I would like this style of pizza but we tried there lowest priced white pizza $15. It was a great pizza with fresh ingredients cooked in a wood fired brick oven. It is a little on the high price side compared to your chain pizza places but I think the pizza is better and I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So-so”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While visiting Fredericksburg, we went to Comfort on advice of a friend. We were in town before noon and not many places were open so we decided to have pizza. The young man there was not very friendly, just stating "I'm making dough so it will be a while". I understand that it's not typical fast-food pizza, but his attitude was what bothered me. When we did order pizza, I asked what was on tap and he told me flatly, "coffee", no suggestion for alternatives, which would have been nice. The pizza was ok, I think maybe it was like cooking pancakes, the first one is not always the best. I did appreciate it when an older gentleman walked up to pick up his pizza, the pizza chef recognized him as being a veteran and offered him free ice cream. I might try it again if I was in town, but won't go out of my way for Comfort Pizza.

• Visited May 2014