“2014 F-burg Trip”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“2014 F-burg Trip”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Bending Branch continues to produce amazing TX wines. Their '12 TX Tannat and their '12 Old Vine Syrah are both superb and are must-haves. I was a lil saddened to see they removed the bar seating in the tasting room - hence the 4 stars vice 5. However, I'm a very happy club member - they take great care of my shipments and orders, and they produce thrilling product.

Visited June 2014

Houston, TX
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“My New Favorite Texas Winery!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I’d read a bit about this place and most of what I’d read was very positive. We’d tried Tannat a few years ago down in Uruguay and loved it, so I was eager to try theirs. Loved EVERYTHING I had! They had one white wine (a Vermintino) but everything else was red. This was certainly the 1st time I bought a bottle of every single wine I tried on a tasting menu, and even got 2 bottles of some. Our server Stephen was very knowledgeable, engaging, and understood that he was there to sell me wine, not just a tasting. He actually didn’t have one of the reds there (Souzao) at the winery and suggested we go down to the tasting room in town to try it. We did and bought a bottle of that too. It was nice to try both the 2010 and the 2011 Tannat and compare/contrast. We also tasted a great Petite Sirah as well as a nice Tempranillo. All of the reds were nice to drink now, but could also easily be laid down for a couple of years and improve. Our tasting fees were comped with a 2 bottle purchase which was very easy to do seeing as how we bought everything. Definitely one to keep on my list when I’m in the area.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Katrina R
San Antonio, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Not what I expected. I went on Sunday, May 25, 2014. I arrived and the place was somewhat busy. What appeared to be a nice gentleman proceeded to talk to me about the wine tasting. After my first tasting he walked away to help someone else and didn't say anything to me. I know I should have left at this point but my friend drove us from Von Ormy and it did take us a while to get there with the traffic. After waiting a while a nice lady who works there came up to me and noticed that the gentleman was assisting someone else and she asked me if he was returning. After 5 more minutes she assisted me with the remainder of the wine tasting. She was very nice and explained the different wines to me. I did purchase a bottle of Picpoul Blanc. I thanked the lady for being so kind to help me. Needless to say I felt the gentleman was rude by walking away to assist someone else.

Visited May 2014
texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Really a Hill Country Gem!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Really outstanding wine, nice staff, great musician, Stephen Morris. This is right outside Comfort and rivals Napa in California. Have purchased wine by the glass and by the bottle it was so good. They, also, have a great selection of gourmet food and gifts, which I purchased, too! Definitely, a day trip from San Antonio or Fredericksburg. Have visited the store in Comfort and the winery.

Visited March 2014
Bulverde, Texas
208 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 835 helpful votes
“OUTSTANDING ORGANIC WINERY”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Bending Branch Winery is an organic winery located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. The winery's commitment to organic growing, minimal impact on the environment, recycling, green business and education is outstanding in its own right. Couple that with the production of award winning wines and you have a true gem of Texas.

Visited October 2013