“Great wines, friendly people!”

Bending Branch Winery
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Comfort
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A little difficult to get to, but worth the drive. $10 tasting, 6 wines I think. If you buy 2 bottles then they knock off 2 tasting costs. Live music today (Saturday), but we didn't stick around because of the heat. Only one place to sit down in the a/c tasting room - that's the only thing I could say negative. Nice porch to enjoy a bottle - but again, too hot today. If you had to choose between Singing Water and Bending Branch, no brainer.... Choose Bending Branch!

1  Thank Jlbrunk
in 7 reviews
"reds"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Bending Branch continues to produce amazing TX wines. Their '12 TX Tannat and their '12 Old Vine Syrah are both superb and are must-haves. I was a lil saddened to see they removed the bar seating in the tasting room - hence the 4 stars vice 5. However, I'm a very happy club member - they take great care of my shipments and orders, and they produce thrilling product.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I’d read a bit about this place and most of what I’d read was very positive. We’d tried Tannat a few years ago down in Uruguay and loved it, so I was eager to try theirs. Loved EVERYTHING I had! They had one white wine (a Vermintino) but everything else was red. This was certainly the 1st time I bought a bottle of every single wine I tried on a tasting menu, and even got 2 bottles of some. Our server Stephen was very knowledgeable, engaging, and understood that he was there to sell me wine, not just a tasting. He actually didn’t have one of the reds there (Souzao) at the winery and suggested we go down to the tasting room in town to try it. We did and bought a bottle of that too. It was nice to try both the 2010 and the 2011 Tannat and compare/contrast. We also tasted a great Petite Sirah as well as a nice Tempranillo. All of the reds were nice to drink now, but could also easily be laid down for a couple of years and improve. Our tasting fees were comped with a 2 bottle purchase which was very easy to do seeing as how we bought everything. Definitely one to keep on my list when I’m in the area.

1  Thank Katrina R
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Not what I expected. I went on Sunday, May 25, 2014. I arrived and the place was somewhat busy. What appeared to be a nice gentleman proceeded to talk to me about the wine tasting. After my first tasting he walked away to help someone else and didn't say anything to me. I know I should have left at this point but my friend drove us from Von Ormy and it did take us a while to get there with the traffic. After waiting a while a nice lady who works there came up to me and noticed that the gentleman was assisting someone else and she asked me if he was returning. After 5 more minutes she assisted me with the remainder of the wine tasting. She was very nice and explained the different wines to me. I did purchase a bottle of Picpoul Blanc. I thanked the lady for being so kind to help me. Needless to say I felt the gentleman was rude by walking away to assist someone else.

1  Thank 54Vera