“Solid food”

Cypress Creek Inn Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Comfort
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We ended up here by accident after our go-to place down the street permanently closed. The outside area could use a little face lift and we drove right by it and didn't even notice it. After making the block we figured we were in the right spot. We were immediately warmly greeted by a very nice gentleman, not sure if he was the owner but I think it was. The place was clean, cozy and very "local". What I call a small town diner. The menu has a very nice variety of dishes which was good for us. My hubby had gumbo which was awesome and I had chicken fried chicken which also was fantastic. They don't serve alcohol or beer here but you can BYOB. Service is great, the food is solid, prices are very fair, our new go-to place!

1  Thank BrandyeG

Reviewed 29 April 2017

What else do you want in a small town Texas cafe, but chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, lots of gravy. The service by Benjamin was really good. He is attentive, friendly and knowledgable.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We arrived on a Friday night about 7:00 pm. We were seated immediately. I ordered the chicken fried chicken with a salad and mashed potatoes. My Coke came in a can which I'm not fond of in a restaurant. My food was good. The chicken was fresh, not a freezer patty and the mashed potatoes were fresh also. If they were out of a box, they sure had me fooled.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

We had missed Turkey and dressing at Thanksgiving and thought it would be Christmas before we had another chance. Not so on his Sunday buffet we found Turkey , dressing and mashed potatoes. Great service they are there to please.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Had a NY strip steak with 2 sides. Tender and tasty! The hamburgers are made of top beef and old - fashion. Friendly service and small town charm. I highly recommend a visit!