“Charming Historical Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Faust

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comfort
Hotel Faust
Dallas, Texas
“Charming Historical Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have stayed here on two occasions and look forward to the completion of the restoration of this historical inn on Main Street. Comfort is one of our favorite get-away destinations, with charming houses, shops, and restaurants all around. The innkeeper is friendly and accommodating; we got breakfast vouchers for the cafe across the street, but the inn is planning to start serving its own breakfast on-site.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
HFaust, Owner at Hotel Faust, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Hotel Faust’s renovations were fully completed in October - November 2012 and we have been serving breakfast at the hotel since December 2012. Hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

When I pulled up to the hotel, I knew I had found a wonderful, relaxing spot for the weekend trip with my friend. The owners, Kevin and Chris recently took over the property and have totally renovated it. They did a great job and their attention to detail showed. The rooms are comfortable, inviting and modern with touches of the old character left intact. The grounds are lovely and there are many "gathering" spots to sit, talk and take in the clean hill country air. The owners gave us wonderful recommendations for lunches, dinners and shopping in the area. If you stay over the weekend, Chris will cook up one of his fantastic breakfasts! This place is a real gem!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I happen to stumble upon this hotel through a friend because all of the hotels in Fredericksburg, TX were booked for the weekend I wanted to stay there. A wonderful find! The renovation that the owners have done are outstanding! I felt like I was in a brand new hotel with all the comforts of a 4 star hotel, but they managed to keep the historical presence as well as the Hill Country Charm.

The breakfast served in the delightful common dining room allowed me the opportunity to meet the owners Kevin and Chris who were cooking and serving and greeting you with the typical warmth of a southern B&B and more! You could tell they took much pride in the work they have done and make it a habit to meet all of their guests personally.

I will definitely be back for a girls trip with a few friends and have already recommended it to my Travel Club! Shopping is close at hand in both Comfort and Fredericksburg. While you're there, make a point to stop and see my friend Todd at Comfort Candle Company just a few miles away! :)

Find me on Facebook at SuziThornesTravelClub@groups.facebook.com

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

spent the weekend at Hotel Faust. What a lovely jewel in a lovely little town. Mix of modern and historic, luxury with elegance. Highly recommend. Book early, they fill up fast. Once you visit, you will understand why.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

A friend and I stayed at Hotel Faust for a weekend getaway and absolutely LOVE Hotel Faust. The owners, Kevin and Chris, have done an amazing job renovating this historic hotel, doing a masterful job of mixing the old with the new. Rooms are lovely and lots of places on the property to sit and relax. The guys are fantastic hosts and so helpful with information on where to shop and dine in the area. The hotel is situated within a charming area of restaurants and shops. Oh - and breakfast is delicious! Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Loved my room in the Carriage House overlooking the charming courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Staying at the historic Hotel Faust in downtown Comfort was an absolute treat! Chris, PJ and Kevin were wonderful hosts and made the stay even more enjoyable. Chris took the time to share the history of the hotel and described the many renovations they recently made that make the hotel an extraordinary place. My room was spacious, well-appointed and very clean. Of course, having our company meeting at the hotel made the entire stay extremely convenient. I highly recommend Hotel Faust to anyone planning an event or looking for a hill country getaway!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Hawkinsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at Hotel Faust to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We were on our way to Fredericksburg. After staying at this hotel/B&B I do wish we would have planned to stay more nights here in Comfort. I can't say enough good things about Hotel Faust. Completely remodeled historic hotel in downtown Comfort. The decor is beautiful and comfortable; a shabby chic look. The historic attributes have been well preserved. Chris, one of the owners, was super friendly and provided wonderful service (and his pancakes in the morning are absolutely the BEST). Upon checkin, Chris upgraded us to the Gorman Cabin. It totally exceeded all my expectations. (There is a wood burning fireplace in this cabin, as well as a bathtub large enough to seat two comfortably) We will definitely be back! (next time we will stay longer!)

Room Tip: The Gorman cabin was VERY charming ~ woodburning fireplace, tub is large enough to fit 2 comfortably...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Comfort
Days Inn Boerne
#1 of 14 in Kerrville
Super 8 Kerrville TX
Super 8 Kerrville TX
#3 of 14 in Kerrville

Been to Hotel Faust? Share your experiences!