“Perfect for hosting out of town guests”
Review of Haven River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comfort
Haven River Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Comfort B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Perfect for hosting out of town guests”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Rented the main house for family and friends to stay during my wedding weekend. Everyone raved about the accommodations and it was a pleasure to work with the Innkeeper, Cheryl. We had our rehearsal dinner prepared by their chef, William. They worked with us to create the perfect menu and we heard great feedback about the food. Very clean, organized and very friendly. Looking forward to another visit.

Room Tip: I personally stayed in the 3rd floor suite. Could not hear any noise from below.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Haven River Inn on the recommendation of some friends of ours. The Haven already has very affordable rates compared to other Bed and Breakfasts in the Hill Country - but The Haven also offers special rates to clergy and their families. Ministry can be a tough life and the offer of several nights in a beautiful Bed and Breakfast is VERY appreciated!

The House is beautiful and nicely decorated with antique furniture. The home's original porch has been closed-in and makes for a great place to enjoy breakfast in the morning. The food was phenomenal and they offered to pack a breakfast to-go when we planned to leave for an early hike one morning. The large porch has many rocking chairs and seating areas to enjoy a cup of coffee, read a good book, or just spend some quiet time. There is also a pool, swings, a gazebo, and all of this is just a quick walk from the river.

The staff is very friendly and eager to introduce you to the great variety of activities the Hill Country has to offer. The Haven is situated close to river activities, a wild flower farm, Enchanted Rock, several state parks, and lots of antique shopping. We will definitely be back!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the HRI a few nights ago. I stayed in 3E, on the top floor, and basked in the luxury of the soft bedding and the soaking tub. It was also fun to bring a cast-iron teapot up to my room at night and sip tea and eat the chocolates while I read and journaled and reflected. I had pizza from the wood-fire place in Comfort, and brought it back to the top floor common area dining table, putting the leftovers in the fridge. Nice to have a full kitchen and living room available! I had a nice chat with a lady who was there to get some writing done, and I was cheered by the chorus of laughter heard from some women's group meeting there--the music of friendship. I spent some time on the balcony off the room, too, near a huge branch that overhangs the balcony. A squirrel with an acorn in his mouth regaled me with a lengthy shaking of his tail, or maybe it was semaphore or Morse code. Butterflies in the bushes and mist rising off the river as I sat on gnarly tree roots were other delights. The breakfast was amazing. The best parts, though, were that I met God, hearing His voice, and that after breakfast I had a nice time talking with John and Kathy Ford, staff counselors. I didn't think I needed any counsel, but the more we talked, I realized that I really did need their input on something, and they provided wise advice. I felt so blessed and refreshed as I left!

Room Tip: A family might enjoy being on the 3rd floor because there are two rooms with queen beds and one room...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

What a great weekend! My girlfriends and I needed a quick get away from San Antonio to celebrate a 'mile stone birthday' and Haven River Inn was a perfect place. We toured the local wineries during the day (who needs Napa?) and came home to nice cold rooms and peaceful rocking chairs on our porch! Breakfast the next morning was so yummy and the service was top notch! Great place to celebrate the 'big 50' with great friends. Now that we all know about this place we will be bringing our husbands back for a quiet weekend out of the crazy city! We feel so blessed to have such amazing beauty so close to us!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had such an amazing time at the Haven River Inn. We rented the facility for a Baptism service and things couldn't have gone better. We had a great time eating and swimming around the pool and river area. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We have been before, will come back again, and definitely tell others about it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We just returned from a three night stay at the River Haven! What a delight. Cheryl, the host, and all of the people who work there were attentive, helpful, and pleasant. They were always ready to answer questions, give directions, and to share interesting places to see and eat. The food was excellent, balanced, adequate, and the coffee was wonderful. The pool was clean and enjoyable. This was our anniversary get-a-way and the room was clean, quite, and we got great rest while we were there. I can and will recommend this place to all of my friends and family.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I have traveled extensively in my precious career with an international company and have not encountered a place as welcoming as this B&B. Serenity and peace permeate the whole atmosphere and I felt as comfortable as I was at home. The food was gorgeous and the whole house is so clean and so well maintained. Oh, you can even walked down the hill to the G. River and the swimming pool is so so nice. It is totally out of our expectation. Highly recommend to anyone I know. Last but not the least, there is a sense of community- people are just so friendly. The gift shop is outstanding, too. Pick up a book on D.I.E.T. Which I cannot put down. Ice, water, hot tea are available all day long. Sweet.

Room Tip: A good room is those on third floor where you can cook and keep your food in frige. Also, I count sw...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Comfort
Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Texas Hill Country
Hampton Inn Kerrville
Hampton Inn Kerrville
#1 of 14 in Kerrville

Been to Haven River Inn? Share your experiences!