“Neal's the Right Deal”

Dining options: Reservations
Jones Creek,TX.
“Neal's the Right Deal”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This past week we visited Neal's Lodge and Café. This was our second visit and it was as good as our first. There were 22 of us and I thought we would be split into groups to eat. We were led to the patio outside the main room. Needless to say I wasn't excited about sitting outside. However, they had prepared tables together so all 22 of us were seated together. There was a good breeze and it was very pleasant. Our waitress was wonderful and very attentive. She did double duty when we asked her to take a group picture of all of us. She was very accommodating and took the pictures with two different cameras. This is a first rate restaurant and if you don't choose to eat there then you have missed a real treat.

• Visited August 2014

Adkins, Texas
“Delicious Catfish Dinner”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I ate @ Neal's this past weekend. We had the specials of the day: catfish and chicken fried steak served with three vegetables rolls. Both were delicious! We were seated quickly and our order was taken quickly by a very cheerful and friendly waitress. Will definitely return when we are in the area!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank SheWh0L0vesT0Travel
Houston, Texas
“NOT service animal friendly, which is illegal!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A host, named RAY basically body blocked me and told me to walk around the outside of the building to sit in the back outside in the heat, because I had my service animal with me (I also had my two year old daughter, it is 100 degrees easily today). It was hot, we were already sunburned, and this just made it all worse. The food was so so, with small portions, but I was just HORRIFIED at how RUDE this man was. My service animal is clean, healthy and well mannered. There is no excuse for this behavior. He is bathed daily, kept up to date on shots, and is generally fantastic. We have never had this issue before. SHAME ON THEM. DON'T GO HERE IF YOU ARE DISABLED.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Christine G
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Just the right portion”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I ate at Neal's this past weekend. Food is excellent as always. My husband has be coming to Neal's since 1962 when they served honey in a bowl along with a honey cone. They now serve a senior size of their daily specials. Just right the chicken fried steak is not hanging over the plate.

The atmosphere is very casual and the bird feeders are a pleasure to watch.

A must when you are in the area. Make a reservation when you can.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JOYCE D
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious! Crispy chicken fried steak, and wonderful scalloped potatoes! Kids love sitting by the window and watching the sweet humming birds that come to the feeders right there at the windows! Love this place!

Been to Neal's Lodge and Cafe? Share your experiences!