“It's all in the service”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
Glenns Ferry, Idaho
“It's all in the service”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

i am a full time traveler ..staying at hotels with group business is my profession..at this property all is good with some staff while others let you know you are not trusted ..you can't ask for extra chair as they want a deposit and will tell you that it's because you may damage or steal it. We indicated that we could break or steal anything in room so why would we steal an extra chair or towel?
This is a hotel that wants groups and your cash but beware of the mean ones at the front desk.
The group person will say "you people only get limited things" You People Is what she called us!
Amazing how they can take your money and disrespect us all at the same time...like previous reviews ...carpet..where your socks...they are making progress in areas but and the rate is good but the " you people" stuff has to go...will update after " my type people " check out.

Room Tip: Look at it first..and take a deep breath..some a good for the rate and some need real help
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank denver p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
dallas
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

reminder, I live in hotels. I stay in hotels 3 for 25 nights a week every week I am a Elite diamond member of choice rewards. So I know what I'm talking about. Rooms are half decent but the Comfort Inns and this area are much better condition and better person now. I try calling front desk for over an hour from hotel room phone and from cell phone no 1 ever answer the phone. I tried to get a late checkout they would not give me 1. Not even 30 minutes.if you just need for hours of sleep then yeah stay here. But if you're going to be longer watch TV and hang out a little bit go somewhere else. The staff here is horrible day sucks and not very customer friendly

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank GillyGill2011
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Ramada Inn, now Econolodge in Conroe TX for several weeks while waiting for our new place to be renovated. This was a superb experience, with friendly family oriented staff, pet friendly atmosphere, and state of the art safety precautions. I highly recommend them to anyone for a short or long term stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My Husband and I made the mistake of booking a room here for 3 nights :( Room is reasonably clean. Arrived and room was extremely hot and the A/C didn't seem to be cooling it down and we have the A/C set at 60, they gave us a fan to help cool it down and it works OK.

Pictures were obviously taken when the Ramada was first opened as the paint is peeling and they don't keep it very clean.

Public bathroom near the breakfast room had giant dead bugs on the floor and the Continental breakfast was day old pastries and waffles.

Phone in our room doesn't work and if you don't have transport the only restaurant in walking distance is a Chinese restaurant. All in all I would never EVER stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jessica1965
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have stayed here a few times during my trip to or through Conroe, Texas. The service has always been excellent, and the room has always been nice.

Good rooms, good staff, Great Value!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I was traveling late into the night, very tired...lobby looked fine, decent price. I"ve generally had good experiences w. Ramadas before so I certainly wasn't ready for this room! Smell of dog urine hit me in the face when I opened the door! Huge dirty spots on all the carpet, furniture chewed, fleas hopping on my feet as I stood at the sink, toliet cracked and filthy, layers of grime around doorknobs. I was just too tired to get behind the wheel again without sleep...so I stuck it out! Grrr!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank mullinsNSBfl
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I would like to know who was writing the good reviews from recent stays, because this place is a dump! I had my family with me while on a overnight business trip & we should have gone with our gut feeling when we drove up. The pictures of this place make it look really good. I felt sorry for the girl at the front desk who had only been there a week! We got our room & you know it's a bad sign when your dog imediatly pees on the floor! my girls got bit by ants outside the room & the pool was filled with bees, trash & bugs! Needless to say we did not stay. Go to the Baymont!

Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank nucme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conroe
Baymont Inn & Suites Conroe/The Woodlands
#226 of 506 in Houston
Super 8 Conroe
Super 8 Conroe
#12 of 14 in Conroe

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge

Property: Econo Lodge
Address: 1601 Interstate 45 S, I-45, Exit #84 Loop 336, Conroe, TX 77301-4423 (Formerly Ramada Inn Conroe)
Region: United States > Texas > Conroe
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Conroe