“Basic amenities” 3 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Conroe
“Basic amenities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, staff friendly, rooms a bit scruffy but clean, however good value and location. A few local food places around but bought food from local walmart and dined in the room. A final note this hotel is very near to the freeway so if you are a light sleeper dont stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We check in and come to find my daughter finds a dirty syringe covered in lubricant my boyfriend and I were outside when this happened my daughter comes out side and shows us what she has I go ahead and soap here all down to hopefully mk sure nothing gets in her system. Call hotel and they come down the general manager comes down and tells me this happens all the time really I guess your hotel should have bio hazard signs up for the customers. So talk to the owner after a period of time he has me go trough his insurance company to try to make this as simple as possible for everyone well guess what they tell me the hotel is not liable or negligent for what happened to my daughter that came from the insurance company . We have had her tested nothing came up yet which was expected to show she had nothing to begin with
have to have her tested at 3mths and 6mths 1yr and 2yr. We also found 7 more syringes under our mattress u could tell our room was not biohazard free. please put up signs next time so we can be aware of what is going on. Everyone pray for my daughter and our family that nothing happens to her. Please be advised when going into a hotel room bring your FBI kit with you to check over the room bf u stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anonomous587

Travellers are raving about these Conroe hotels

Ellensburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked this hotel for $59....too much IMO. While the lobby was updated, the rooms were not. The bathroom door was all beat up...it felt pretty gross. Bed linens were pretty outdated. We had limited options as we went to a concert during a busy weekend in the Woodlands and didn't book ahead of time. If you need a place to stay, it'll work. But the outside of building and interior is pretty dated. Bleck.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jocelyn S
Glenns Ferry, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

i am a full time traveler ..staying at hotels with group business is my profession..at this property all is good with some staff while others let you know you are not trusted ..you can't ask for extra chair as they want a deposit and will tell you that it's because you may damage or steal it. We indicated that we could break or steal anything in room so why would we steal an extra chair or towel?
This is a hotel that wants groups and your cash but beware of the mean ones at the front desk.
The group person will say "you people only get limited things" You People Is what she called us!
Amazing how they can take your money and disrespect us all at the same time...like previous reviews ...carpet..where your socks...they are making progress in areas but and the rate is good but the " you people" stuff has to go...will update after " my type people " check out.

Room Tip: Look at it first..and take a deep breath..some a good for the rate and some need real help
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank denver p
dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

reminder, I live in hotels. I stay in hotels 3 for 25 nights a week every week I am a Elite diamond member of choice rewards. So I know what I'm talking about. Rooms are half decent but the Comfort Inns and this area are much better condition and better person now. I try calling front desk for over an hour from hotel room phone and from cell phone no 1 ever answer the phone. I tried to get a late checkout they would not give me 1. Not even 30 minutes.if you just need for hours of sleep then yeah stay here. But if you're going to be longer watch TV and hang out a little bit go somewhere else. The staff here is horrible day sucks and not very customer friendly

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank GillyGill2011
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Ramada Inn, now Econolodge in Conroe TX for several weeks while waiting for our new place to be renovated. This was a superb experience, with friendly family oriented staff, pet friendly atmosphere, and state of the art safety precautions. I highly recommend them to anyone for a short or long term stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Conroe, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

My Husband and I made the mistake of booking a room here for 3 nights :( Room is reasonably clean. Arrived and room was extremely hot and the A/C didn't seem to be cooling it down and we have the A/C set at 60, they gave us a fan to help cool it down and it works OK.

Pictures were obviously taken when the Ramada was first opened as the paint is peeling and they don't keep it very clean.

Public bathroom near the breakfast room had giant dead bugs on the floor and the Continental breakfast was day old pastries and waffles.

Phone in our room doesn't work and if you don't have transport the only restaurant in walking distance is a Chinese restaurant. All in all I would never EVER stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business