Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I made reservations at this motel actually thinking it was the one in the Woodlands. When I searched on the internet for Fairfield Inn, The Woodlands, this one came up as #1. I made my reservations (and paid for them to reserve the good price). When I arrived, I found out it was the wrong one and they wouldn't let me change because I'd already paid for them. Lesson learned!

Having said that, though, the motel was nice. Nice rooms, very clean. The motel itself seemed very new and everything was in great shape. The towels were not to the standard I expected a "marriott" hotel to have. And the breakfast, although offering a lot, wasn't the best. Yes, they had the standard fare but I guess I just expected a little more.

Yes, I would stay there again if I needed a room in Conroe. But, I have stayed in the Fairfield Inn in The Woodlands and that's where I'll stay next time.

Room Tip: We were in 105 - a downstairs room which I always try to get.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank belcherd6
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear belchard 6,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to go to tripadvisor.com to promote your feedback. Our customers voice and feedback are very important to us here at the Conroe Fairfield Inn and Suites. Also thank you for your kind words in regards to our room cleanliness, as I will be sure to pass along your comments to the housekeeper that tended to your room. Thanks again for your stay and hope to earn your business in the future!

Ryan Sheridan

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR

Reviewed 1 November 2012

When arranging accomodations for our non-profit group for Special Needs children, I was delighted to meet your Sales and Marketing Director, Tamara Sandford. I cannot say enough good aout this wonderful lady. She not only opened the hotel doors as well as her heart for our Special Needs staff, she made us feel welcome and happy to be here. Not many places have that "welcome home" attitude, but the staff here in Conroe exuded it with every comment. I not only made arrangements for our staff to stay here, but made a new friend too. How cool!

Because of this delightful lady and her very pleasant staff, and because this hotel is immaculate and so comfortable, I have made up my mind that I will stay at a Fairfield Inn wherever I travel. Our staff feels the same as well. Our "Challenge Air for Kids and Friends" organization travels all throughout the United States hosting flying events for special needs children, and you can be sure the Fairfield Inn will be our preferred accomodation wherever possible! Thank you Tamara and Thank you Fairfield Inns for having such a professional and delightful staff at your facilities!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Hi Vickie, Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel!! We are all very proud of it. We were all delighted to help with your group for Special Needs children. I completely agree with your comments in regards to Tamara. We are ever so lucky to have her on our staff!! I can relate to your comments about Tamara , I have had the pleasure to work along side of her for many years. Such a Great Hearted individual. Also thank you for compliments on our staff and the "immaculate" cleanliness of our hotel. We too here at Conroe Fairfield in feel that we have made a friend as well with you Vickie and will be delighted to serve you in the future!!

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. My family was displaced by a fire so we stayed for about 2 1/2 weeks. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean. The price is great for the environment...new/modern hotel. The walls must be very thick because I never heard my neighbors. Amanda at the front desk is great and Ruth who prepares/cleans the breakfast area is super friendly. I really felt at home here. The only reason we left is because we needed a room with a kitchenette. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Jessica L,

Thank you so much for your great review of us!! I am sorry that you were displaced from your home but I am certainly glad that the staff here at Conroe Fairfield Inn and Suites made you feel a little more at home. I will certainly convey your comments to Amanda and Ruth for their outstanding service. Thanks again for the High Recommendation!!

Ryan Sheridan

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I really liked this hotel, for it was very clean, and the staff were very friendly. The location was perfect , it was just off the highway, and close to many restaurants and shops. It was about a half hour to 40 minutes drive from the airport. I would certainly stay there again!
The hotel also offered many breakfast items, which were inlcluded in the price of the hotel.
There isn't one negative thing I could say about this hotel! I would give it an overall, 5 star rating!

Room Tip: There is no room service, that is why it wasn't applicable in the ratings.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Greetings Jilland Carlos,
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review of our hotel . We always appreciate feedback , especially your "5 Star Rating" . I hope if you return to Conroe that we once again your business!!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a stopping point during a visit from Michigan to Dallas to watch the University of Michigan vs. University of Alabama football game over Labor Day weekend. It is located approximately one hour north of Houston. We had no problems finding the hotel. It is situated near most of the bars, restaurants, and retail establishments in Conroe, and the Woodlands area is nearby. We used our Marriot points for a free stay.

When we arrived around 8, we found the property to be clean and fresh. The lobby was nicely adorned and modern, but not so modern it seemed minimalist or "trendy". We were greeted promptly at the front desk by a clerk who gave us some suggestions on where we could go to watch the Michigan State football game that evening (see my review on Molly's Pub) and check-in was a breeze.

Our room was clean, the temperature was spot-on, and the bed was very comfortable. The furnishings were modern and there was no sort of funky smell in the room. The bathroom was spacious and everything worked. We had plenty of towels. As a note, the property only gives you soap, shampoo, and conditioner, so if you're hoping for lotion you will have to bring your own. The TV was adequate: flat-screen, good picture, but nothing high-end.

This is not a negative, but merely an observation, but there was no refrigerator in the room, so don't bring any leftovers home from the restaurant. There are ice machines on every floor. The property was quiet and the walls seem to be thick. We never heard our neighbors. The color scheme throughout the hotel has a calming effect.

Breakfast was quite good for a complimentary hotel breakfast. The scrambled eggs are some of the best eggs I have ever had. They are light, fluffy, and are neither moist nor dry. I complimented the lady who makes them and she said she works very hard on them! They had the usual dry cereals, oatmeal, waffle-maker, eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, breakfast sausages, yogurt, etc. The dining area is comfortable, although the 2-person tables are a bit small.

There is an outdoor pool and a fitness center with basic cardio equipment.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was perfect for our evening in Conroe. It's definitely not a destination spot, but was perfect for our one-night stay.

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel faces a sizeable cemetery so if that freaks you out, ask for a room with anoth...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

incitatus,
Thank you so much for Great review of our hotel! As General Manager not only do I like to read the reviews but also to provide feedback to the associates. Especially in your review there were many departments that provided "our valued" Marriott Expectations! Thanks again for taking time to fill out the review of our hotel and hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Great location in North side of Houston. Clean and up to date. Exit 90 is closed on ONrth I 45, get off on exit 89. appears to be a new propery or well cared far. This chain has proven to be good at all locations.

Room Tip: Quite up on the top floor (5)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Orangetiger10 , Thank you for your stay with us !! Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to rate us on trip advisor with such high marks. Come and see us again we will be glad to take care of you!!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were in town for a funeral and this was a great choice. The hotel is fairly new and still felt very clean and fresh. They even put our rooms together without asking. Breakfast was decent and the kids loved the make-your-own-Texas-shaped waffles. The only wierd thing was that the hallways had no (limited?) air conditioning. The a/c in the rooms more than made up for it!
We would stay here again, but hopefully, not for a funeral.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

DixieChickDallas,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on trip advisor.com . Thank you for your kind words of our hotel despite it being a difficult situation. If you ever need assistance for a stay near Houston again please don't hesitate to reach out to us!