Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 October 2013

An almost brand new property a few miles north of The Woodlands right off of I-45. Everything is clean, fresh and new. Comfy lobby for having a quick conversation and/lor sitting to wait for those who take a little longer to get ready.

We experienced a moderately inconvenient reservation issue (had to switch rooms twice to get the ADA accessible room we were guaranteed in our reservation). The staff was helpful in supporting our needs, but I wish the issue wouldn't have occurred to begin with.

Decent free breakfast. Texas-shaped waffles! Good coffee.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest MarkyMarkTXNYC,

Thank you for your response on trip advisor.com . Thank you providing feedback and areas that we can improve on. I am glad overall you had a pleasant experience and I also want to thank you for providing an area we can go push a little further in! I hope that you visit us again in Conroe!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst in Conroe. Located conveniently off the I45. Welcoming friendly staff, with fast check in. Great complimentary snacks and refreshments everyday complimentary from the management in the foyer. Clean modern rooms, comfortable beds. Free fast wifi. Average continental breakfast, which is regularly topped up. Only downside in my opinion is located next to a cemetery, which not everyone would feel comfortable about. Average rooms, excellent staff, fast wifi, convenient location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest Na33mB,

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel . Thank you for taking time to visit Trip Advisor.com to share your experiences!! It is so helpful to others that travel to areas, in selecting a location to spend their time . Thank you again and Hope to see you again in the future!! Until then Safe Travels!!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This three year old Fairfield still looks new and is just off the I-45 freeway but no road noise. Location surrounded with shopping and dining options. Room was comfortable and the breakfast area bright. Breakfast included belgian waffles, hard boiled & scrambled eggs, sausage patties, assorted pastries, packaged fruit, yogurt and three cereal choices. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Guest 1 Ringmaster,

Thank you very much for your high scores and your kind compliments. I am glad that you enjoyed Fairfield Inn's new extended breakfast program! Also thank you for the kind comments in regards to our hotel. Thank you for your loyalty and willingness to return in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a really nice Fairfield Inn with one of the most helpful staffs I have ever come in contact with. The young lady at the front desk when we checked in was especially helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. Room was nice, clean and well maintained. We had to leave too early for the breakfast, but the area appeared large enough. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest Southernlady Alabama,

Thank you so much for the high scoring of our hotel on your recent stay with us!!! Your feedback is vital to the future of our hotel! I will be sure to pass along your very nice compliments to the staff here . It gives me great to know that you were treated so kindly by staff. Travelers have a choice where they stay and I want to know that I appreciate your business!! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

A fairly new Fairfield with great breakfast area and location surrounded by shopping and dining options within a brisk walk and easy driving distance. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the hotel was up to the finest in the Fairfield class. Right off an exit and easy to find and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Back side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest tpharkman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Conroe Fairfield Inn and Suites. Thank you also for the high scores and nice compliments. I will be sure to share them with the team! We hope to see you again in the near future and I thank you for selecting our hotel for your travel needs.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Bed was comfortable, the room size (king suite) was good. The only complaint I had, was breakfast was suppose to be 7-10 on weekend. At 9:40am, I went downstairs for breakfast, along with several boys, and there wasn't any food left. We asked about them putting out more food, they just acted like they didn't understand anything we said. They refused to put out any food, so we were left to go elsewhere to find breakfast. Staff was ok, but they didn't go out of their way to help you. I'd stay somewhere else if I had a choice. Really disappointed in this Marriott property.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jean5sons

Dear Guest jean5sons,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay with us. I apologize this stay was just ok for you. We like to go above and beyond for our guests. Your feedback certainly helps me improve the overall aspects of the hotel and your concerns in regards to breakfast have been addressed with the staff members working that day.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Entire hotel was very clean and all the staff was helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was great with lots of options. Kept the food stocked even with multiple large groups staying over the same weekend. Lobby area was nice with lots of seating (and a TV) for groups to have somewhere to hang out. Previous review mentions humidity - this is not true. Aside from sitting by the front doors I never noticed any humidity in the entire hotel. And the A/C was nice and cool everywhere I went. Houston is humid - get over it. The King Suite was nice with comfortable sofa bed, microwave and mini-fridge. I do wish the Q/Q rooms had a sofa bed or mini-fridge, but they didn't. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Slept great too. Rooms were nice and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest CC710K,

I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your five star rating on trip advisor.com !! My staff greatly appreciates it . Thank you for providing other viewers with feedback of your stay with us. You pointed out some really great points to our hotel that I am sure other viewers will find your feedback right on point!! Thank you for your business, as I know guests always have a choice and I appreciate that you selected us.