“Nice and comfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here with family on a Friday night. The location is very close the I-45. We did not worry about the proximity to a cemetery - it was a non-issue for us. The hotel room was clean. The staff was courteous. The main attraction for us was 2 queen beds. We were looking for a hotel with 2 queen bed rooms and this fit the bill nicely. The breakfast was good - regular fare with hot oatmeal, eggs and hot waffles. If you are somewhat insomniac like me, the proximity to I-45 might cause you some agony as you cannot avoid the noise of vehicles speeding by.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest yatrik 10

Thank you so much for taking the time to promote your feedback on Trip Advisor . Trip Advisor serves as a great tool for other potential customers to read about your experiences about our hotel. Also, Thank you for your five star rating !! Fairfield Breakfast has greatly been improved and we are very happy with the new selections. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep our hotel very clean. It will give me great pleasure to communicate with each staff member your positive comments . On behalf of my staff and myself we hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This review is LONG overdue but I just got around to it. My son and I stayed here for the entire month of July this year and had a wonderful experience. Staff was courteous, professional, and always willing to help. I actually had a reservation at another hotel but after staying their one night, I called this hotel and they took us right in. Tamara is the best and understood our plight of being from Connecticut, having to stay in Houston for a month, not knowing too much about the area, and wanting to feel "at home" as possible while we were away. She truly made us feel at home. This hotel is lucky to have people like her on staff. Property is clean, free breakfast, nice pool [for those HOT Texas summer days], and a perfect fitness room. I also like its proximity to pretty much everything; shopping, restaurants, entertainment, etc. We spent alot of time in The Woodlands and it was a quick 15 minute drive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest Jose S,

Thank you so much for your stellar review of our hotel. We try in every aspect of our hotel to make the guest experience and enjoyable one!! You are absolutely right that we are so fortunate to have Tamara on our staff. She is truly dedicated to ultimate guest experiences! Should you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact Ryan or Tamara to assist you. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. If I had to find one drawback it would be the proximity to the cemetery directly behind the hotel. In my case, it worked out well because I had to attend the funeral of a family member at that particular funeral home. If others are staying at the hotel and get the "eeby-jeebys" from seeing a cemetery then stay somewhere else. My stay was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest Trimble2008,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on trip advisor. I am glad that you found our hotel Great!! I am sorry for your family loss and glad we could assist during a difficult time. Hope that you can return to us again under different circumstances.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We hosted an annual family get-together in Conroe, and we had approx. 15 rooms at this hotel over the weekend. The rooms were large, clean, and comfy, and the hotel staff was amazing. For families with kids, this property is great! Free breakfast for three kids made it a great deal by itself, but the location, staff and rooms just added to it. Really impressed. Great value for the price!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest Candice C ,

Thank you so much for your Great Review of our hotel. It was our staff's pleasure to host your family get together and I am delighted as the General Manager to know that you had a terrrifc time with family with a great level of service from our staff! Please come see us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Although the facility was nice and clean we were all surprised that this was a Marriott property. We routinely choose Marriott because of its high level of customer service. This hotel unfortunately fell very short in that regard. I thought it may have just been the night staff but I was shocked how many times the front desk was empty when we walked by during the day as well ( I amnot sure if they are short staffed?)and the lack of personable greetings by the staff.
The breakfast was good and the kids enjoyed it. I was also surprised because I have never been in a hotel where the hot water ran out during a shower.
We did enjoy the room setup and decorations. I would just not expect high level service from this facility.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest Maurice,

Thank You for promoting your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We want your experience with us to be exceptional in every area. I would like to thank you for your feedback as sometimes we need to be made aware of an area of opportunity. We are committed to a Great Guest Expereince and hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

An almost brand new property a few miles north of The Woodlands right off of I-45. Everything is clean, fresh and new. Comfy lobby for having a quick conversation and/lor sitting to wait for those who take a little longer to get ready.

We experienced a moderately inconvenient reservation issue (had to switch rooms twice to get the ADA accessible room we were guaranteed in our reservation). The staff was helpful in supporting our needs, but I wish the issue wouldn't have occurred to begin with.

Decent free breakfast. Texas-shaped waffles! Good coffee.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest MarkyMarkTXNYC,

Thank you for your response on trip advisor.com . Thank you providing feedback and areas that we can improve on. I am glad overall you had a pleasant experience and I also want to thank you for providing an area we can go push a little further in! I hope that you visit us again in Conroe!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst in Conroe. Located conveniently off the I45. Welcoming friendly staff, with fast check in. Great complimentary snacks and refreshments everyday complimentary from the management in the foyer. Clean modern rooms, comfortable beds. Free fast wifi. Average continental breakfast, which is regularly topped up. Only downside in my opinion is located next to a cemetery, which not everyone would feel comfortable about. Average rooms, excellent staff, fast wifi, convenient location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest Na33mB,

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel . Thank you for taking time to visit Trip Advisor.com to share your experiences!! It is so helpful to others that travel to areas, in selecting a location to spend their time . Thank you again and Hope to see you again in the future!! Until then Safe Travels!!