“A Hidden Gem on a Quaint Brick Street”
Review of Red Brick Tavern

Red Brick Tavern
Ranked #4 of 229 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Montgomery, Texas
“A Hidden Gem on a Quaint Brick Street”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Be sure to go a little earlier than the typical 'dinner hour' when you try out this restaurant. I've had both lunch and dinner here and both times, by the time I was leaving, the place was packed. The food seems a bit pricey but the portions were large and our waitress even warned us about the size of the portions and suggested that we share - which we did. This made the meal quite affordable and we still felt that we had plenty to eat. I've enjoyed the Drunken French Onion Soup, Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas, and the fish tacos. All were great and my husband raved about the mac and cheese. (I'm having that next time!) They do have live music later in the evening but I'm not sure I'd want to fight the crowds. The place is rather small and when we were there for dinner it was packed.

• Visited November 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great Find in Conroe!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Last Saturday my husband and I were up in Conroe, checking out a few of the antique marts I had heard about. After walking around we were getting a little hungry AND we had passed the Red Brick Tavern, a restaurant we had been wanting to check out. We had read good reviews about their food and their awesome Bloody Marys, so were excited to try them!! Our intentions were just to get a snack, but after chatting with the waitress we found out the only guaranteed GF food would be the pizza, because they bring in the crust..so here we had to go and order one (luckily it wasn't too large!! Plus we had a spinach salad with only things I was sure about on it. They do home-make all their dressings onsite and the waitress had said if the owner was there, he would have had more knowledge of what I could eat. It was nice she cared enough to tell me that...I do so love it when someone really takes the time to listen and even if they say "no I don't understand" it's better than tell my they have GF when they don't!!
We ended up ordering the spinach artichoke pizza but substituting the regular sauce for the Alfredo (in the past Alfredo has been a no-no) and the spinach salad, no croutons. Both were very good. OH...we ended up ordering the Bloody Mary also, we thought we had heard it was this huge, meal-type one, but sadly it was only a regular one...tasted good but...not what we expected, and kind of pricey at that!

All in all we had great service, nice townie atmosphere, and a good, reasonably priced meal. Yay....we'll be back!!

• Visited November 2013
Maurice
“Gospel breakfast”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised to have live, family appropriate music during Sunday breakfast. The building us very historic and well decorated. The food was very good and we really liked the potatoes. Would go again !

1 Thank MauriceMarfam
Coldspring, Texas
“Red Brick Tavern”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Excellent spinach salad with salmon on top. The restaurant is easily accessible from the street. A fun place to meet friends for lunch!

• Visited August 2013
Tx
“Great food, just a little pricey”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is small restaurant and tavern owned by two locals. We tried it for dinner but I heard the lunch is great. The food is excellent, especially the fish and the pizza. The chef is very talented. I thought the prices are a little high for the venue but you do get what you pay for they say. You have to try whatever they have on special. I would go back.

• Visited August 2013