“Great food and New York atmosphere”
Review of Katz's Deli

Katz's Deli
Ranked #71 of 243 Restaurants in Conroe
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch at Katz recently with extended family and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. We tried a variety of sandwiches and no one was disappointed. Also enjoyed the references to NYC from the subway signs, NYC scenes, and art deco lighting. Would recommend to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I visit Katz's five or six times a year. They advertise as a kosher deli, but they have been suborned by local, less flavorful tastes. AS a New Yorker I was brought up on GOOD corned beef and rye. Katz's is the best around but it not what I knew many years ago. They get their rye bread frozen from NYC and bake it locally, better than most ryes. The beef is heavy on gristle and does not have the garlic taste that I'm familiar with. They do have wonderful kosher dills which I pig out on.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

A long time favorite. Homemade potato chips, great pickles. Love the traditional Rueben. You will never leave there hungry!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Took one of my 20-something sons here for a birthday lunch and his eyes lit up when he saw the size of the classic Reuben he'd ordered. He had no problem finishing it, along with several pickles, but did say next time he'd try it with both pastrami and corned beef. Since I'd been to Katz's a few times before, I knew enough to order the small version of the Times Square. Service was pleasant and fast; food was good. Very casual order process and atmosphere but a nice step up from fast food places.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Had a Philly cheesesteak and the breakfast with sunny-side up eggs, wheat toast, and beef bacon. I ordered the sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes, but the waitress forgot the lettuce and was not seen for a followup comment. She commented how great the sandwich looked and I agreed, but the bread was lousy and CHEAP, fell apart, and disgusted this former Subway owner. The eggs and toast were OK, but the bacon wasn't nearly as good as the last visit. I threw the steak bread down on the plate in disgust and told my friend to make a beeline with me to Sam's to pick up some Tyson Tequila Lime Chicken Wings, a five pound bag of tasty, spicy, microwaved delight, with no lousy fall-apart bread carbs to ruin the MEAT experience! Should have had the Woody Allen -- pastrami and corned beef on rye!

Been to Katz's Deli? Share your experiences!