“Good fresh food at a decent price”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 241 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was the second time that I have dined at a Pappadeaux's restaurant. The experience was consistent. Good fresh seafood from the Gulf cooked well, except for the large raw oysters. I had grilled shrimp, sea scallops and Mahi. The shrimp and Mahi were delicious, the scallops were tough.

My only complaint for the evening was an inexperienced waitress. We both ordered a dozen raw oysters for an appetizer. She brought one order and asked to take our dinner order. We I asked her to bring my oysters before we ordered, she looked confused. She soon disappeared for ten minutes until she arrived with my oysters.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Interesting decorations and great Cajun food. Yum, yum, that sure is good. Try the craw fish étouffée.

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a trip through Texas. We ordered oysters beau rivage and a crawfish fondue for appetizers. Both good. For entrees we had a fried seafood platter and pasta mardi gras. Both were good. Very large portions. Couldn't finish anything. A good value and nice family place.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

But my friend got food poisoning from the Crawfish Etouffee - one friedn had it too and she thought it tasted off so didn't eat hers, but the other ate it anyhow and uh oh.....

I tend to not order saucy foods from restaurants- esp chains- it is often how aging items are flavoured over (IMO) in such a way you might not notice. Just my opinion but I haven't had food poisoning for a very long time. My husband had this happen with the Shrimp Etouffee at Goode company seafood (He doesn't obey MY rules! Foolish man---LOL)

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had the Salmon - it was great... although the portion is small and you could almost count the veg pieces .. :-)