“Dinner at the Inn”
Review of Landgrove Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Landgrove
Landgrove Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Landgrove B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We recently had a sleigh ride and ended the ride with dinner at the Landgrove Inn. The four of us having dinner, all had an enjoyable meal. The food, service and Inn where all terrific. For a nice meal in a quaint Vermont town, I would definitely recommend the Landgrove Inn.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here for the first time in mid January and met people who had been coming here same time for 30 years, and the reason is that it's a terrific old time resort where the owners and employees continue to focus on creating a comfortable and friendly environment. The employees are mostly neighbors who are proud of the Inn and proud of their roles. There's a family with dad in charge of firewood, mom a housekeeper for over 20 years and their daughter a jack of all trades: and Carl Erik, the genuine Swedish ski shop chief, who is a fount of information about Landgrove and everything Vermont. We rented xcountry ski equipment, and while ski conditions were not ideal, the area is fine for skiing and really convenient.. This is not a fancy place with bellhops running around looking for tips and snooty chefs preparing lavish, expensive dinners. The food was fine and service solid. And the restaurant attracts a lot of local residents and people who own vacation homes in the area.My only complaint for Tom, the Owner, was for more snow on the ground and less cold(it was minus 7 one day), and he cheerfully agreed to try harder to provide ideal weather next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lpugdeeeqazzzxvbbbbmmlkkii88z
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I've been coming to the Landgrove Inn with my family for the past 11 years and each trip has been better than the last. As a teenager, I loved hiking, taking sleigh rides and learning how to cross country ski on the property. In recent years, I've been able to experience and enjoy several different events at the workshop, including a square dance and a photography exhibit. Tom and Maureen are very welcoming, and have always gone out of their way to make sure we are taken care of and feel at home. This inn provides the perfect getaway - no matter the season, we've always found the accommodations, activities and view to be incredible. I'm looking forward to what's in store for my next visit!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Anna G
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We just booked another winter vacation at the Inn and can’t wait! My husband and I and our three children were thrilled to stumble upon this quintessential Vermont country inn a few years ago, and we’ve been back many times. In the winter, we’ve spent hours cross-country skiing on the inn’s pristine trails and later bundling up for late-night carriage rides through the moonlit woods. One spring we were lucky enough to visit when the town held its annual square dance at the inn’s beautiful artist’s workshop. We’ve hiked, canoed, biked, played tennis, gone antiquing and shopped. And although our activities change with each season, the first-rate amenities and service, outstanding meals and welcoming atmosphere – complete with a roaring fire in the cozy lounge - remain constant. Innkeepers Tom and Maureen are the perfect hosts – anticipating and providing everything we’ve ever needed for a perfect vacation. It’s like visiting family . . . only better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Irene819
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting this lovely inn this past summer. It has captured my heart. My boyfriend and I stayed here, looking for a relaxing weekend to "get away from it all". This was exactly that, with quaint, rustic accommodations in a serene setting, along a dirt road with no distractions from the busy, noisy world. We did not miss the tv or constant cell phone usage. Views are of a beautiful countryside, horses, babbling brooks, wooded landscape and a pond with a canoe. There was a fire pit for cool evenings. We played tennis every morning, went for uninterrupted jogs on the dirt roads, and relaxed by the pool. Although we did not swim, the pool was clean and clear. We stayed in room 1, which had a very comfortable bed, a sitting area with a fireplace, and a spacious private bath. Every morning we woke to fresh coffee and breakfast made by the innkeeper/owner, Tom, (perfect sunnysideup eggs). Dinners were amazing, we dined with a large party and every night every meal was exceptional...would have been happy with the wine, bread, soup, and salad, but couldn't miss the main course, and dessert, gotta try the pavlova! Before and after dinner we had drinks at the bar in the main room where all guests can gather and chat, along with a game table and the comforting smell of wood burning in the fireplace. Maureen and Tom, the owners, went out of their way to be sure all of their guests were comfortable and satisfied. The staff was friendly and helpful...we were advised of the huge outlet sales and found some great bargains. It was only a few months ago, but I find myself longing to go back. This charming Inn provided unforgettable memories of my first trip to Vermont.

Room Tip: Room 1 was exceptional. Very clean and cozy, included a spacious, updated bathroom with jacuzzi tub...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I needed to express my gratitude to InnKeepers Tom and Maureen for a 4 day getaway that I will remember for a lifetime. This quaint, charming property is the perfect retreat. I was on a vacation with my new girlfriend and we wanted an out of the way place where we could get to know each other, and enjoy the beauty of Vermont. This was the place, besides a resteraunt that is 5 star caliber, the rooms were beautiful and comfortable. We were able to enjoy a run every morning and play tennis in the afternoon. The pool was open but we didnt get an opportunity to swim, however we did enjoy wine and cheese poolside.
The Inn, to our surprise and delight, was hosting an Art show so coupled with a few trips to the Vermont General store and near by outlet stores, we were always busy.
The Landgrove Inn is now a permanent stop for our vacations in Vermont. We can't thank you enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in the delux suites and could not have been happier. We did peak into a room or two that w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poppi1022
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Landgrove Inn many times (6+) and we love it. The owners are wonderful and the staff is equally accommodating. It is a great selection for those wanting to stay off the beaten path and is best suited for those looking for a good place to sleep and eat while they explore during the day all that Vermont has to offer. It is close to several ski mountains, shopping and they offer cross-country skiing at the inn. (Great place for the family to learn cross country skiing.) It is worth pointing out that this is an inn and not a hotel. If you are expecting full service, luxurious rooms and expect to have all the amenities, the Equinox in Manchester is an excellent choice. However, if you want to stay in a country inn with hearty meals, local staff and rooms that are for sleeping after a busy day outside, the Landgrove Inn is for you. The chef makes wonderful dinners and the breakfasts are equally filling. The inn is rustic and is located on a dirt road in the Green Mountains and so you are in the middle of nowhere, but close to many places. Visiting the Landgrove Inn is much like visiting an old family retreat that is well maintained, but has kept its integrity. Cell service is spotty and since the inn is small, guests interact a lot. Children are often spotted in their pajamas playing games in the tavern while adults read by the fire, or have a drink at the bar. There is internet, but frankly we like the idea that the kids won’t be staring at their iPads while on vacation. The Landgrove Inn is truly a gem that will remind many people of their childhood vacations. It is a great selection for modern families desirous to have a vacation from the past, or for anyone else wanting to truly get away from the modern world for a few days.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Craig H

Been to Landgrove Inn? Share your experiences!